PDA

View Full Version : skin cancer fear and scratching moles..........

bexy84
21-09-11, 13:23
Hello..... Has anyone had a skin cancer fear and felt sort of an ocd kind of thing to pick at your moles??? I have picked a few and am worried now I won't be able to tell if they are cancer when they heal xxx anyone......

bexy84
21-09-11, 18:30
Help anyone xx

Worried_Male
21-09-11, 18:49
Yeah i have had this fear. I have pretty much read a books worth of information on the subject. What is it you would like to know?

bexy84
21-09-11, 19:41
Ok my main fear is when I was really bad obcession with skin cancer I picked at a few moles and they heald up to just normal skin like the mole has gone!!! Only small like flat looking ones......... I worry that if the mole has gone on the surface that the route could be cancerous and I wouldn't no........ My doc says as skin cancer starts on the surface of the skin even if u picked a mole off and it heald with no sign, u would see regrowth at the site that would present with the signs for melenoma,,,,, but I am not convinced!!!

Worried_Male
21-09-11, 19:49
Ok my main fear is when I was really bad obcession with skin cancer I picked at a few moles and they heald up to just normal skin like the mole has gone!!! Only small like flat looking ones......... I worry that if the mole has gone on the surface that the route could be cancerous and I wouldn't no........ My doc says as skin cancer starts on the surface of the skin even if u picked a mole off and it heald with no sign, u would see regrowth at the site that would present with the signs for melenoma,,,,, but I am not convinced!!!

Believe me Melenoma can't hide. You would see it.

Worried_Male
21-09-11, 19:50
and stop picking them moles!

Gemma T
22-09-11, 00:03
Believe me Melenoma can't hide. You would see it.

I had a dodgy mole that turned into something resembling paint splatter. Dermatologist said was completely friendly and im a natural red hair with very fair skin so im in a high risk cat. They come and go, change shape and colour. Not all changes are malignant.

I shaved a mole by accident which started to bleed. Its fine.

Ive heard of people having accidents and moles being ripped off. None of which caused skin cancer.

Dermatologist at the Royal London Hosp said skin cancer makes itself abundantly clear. Would be black, irregular, scabby and/or bleeding etc.

Trust me you are fine and Worried male is right. Stop picking them.