PDA

View Full Version : My Heart

lourah1989
21-09-11, 13:55
Hi guys

I used to come on here a lot then stopped ... but here i am again constantly feeling the overwhelming effects of anxiety so i just need some reasurrance to be honest ... but i have 1 really good side i used to check my pulse about 100 times aday i probley do it about once a week now! =D ! so before i just go backto that way of living im going to put a stop to it! i still obsess about my heart constantly have the effects of anxiety and always believing my heart will just stop when im sleeping or when im just walking :( i dont now why, i just cant seem to shake these thoughts ! ;( starting to get me down quiet a bit if im honest! :mad: i seen a coucelor she was brilliant but for some reason in my head nothink anyone says clicks ... i can be happy as larry walking down the road then in my head i think omg am i breathing :weep: so annoying and i just wish that i could watch a soap and sit still but i never seem to can i used to love watching my soaps and now i cant remeber the last time i watched 1 fully im 21 and feel like im living an awful nightmare ! i dont want meds i tryed a few before and they wernt nice at all xxx

Laine
21-09-11, 14:04
Hi Lourah

I can totally relate to what you've posted - I'm constantly worrying about my heart just stopping without warning and its hell. I don't have any advice as I've only just joined here but I wanted you to know that you aren't the only one feeling this way x

selphie
21-09-11, 15:29
when i was 21 that was when all my probs started well the main problem really and thats my heart im 35 now and im still worrying bout my heart and like you i check my pulse alot during the day its horrible when you slip into that horrible cycle its good that you learned to control your symptoms. sounds alot like myself i used to obsess bout my pulse allllll the time but i stopped it even tho im still obsessed bout my heart it seemed to come and go through out the years.:)

James1983
21-09-11, 18:09
Hello Lourah

I have had this as well, a preoccupation with the heart constant with pulse checks to see if it is beating normal etc.. The more you check the worse it seems you have to try and break the cycle. Have your Dr run some some tests to rule everything out as i did. you can beat this I'm on sertraline at the moment but all my anxiety was worrying about my heart you have to try and say 'cobblers' to it and don't let it rule your life.:flowers: