PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety from Hormones

larissa
21-09-11, 17:18
Hi everyone. I have been suffering from bad anxiety for some weeks. This week I have learnt that my FSH Hormone level is very high and is the cause. The physical anxiety is very high, but my mind is clear and looking on is horror.

diane07
21-09-11, 17:21
Hi larissa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Abby1
21-09-11, 17:34
Hello Larissa,
Welcome to NMP,i hope you find the site helpful,there are lots of lovely supportive people on here.
Im struggling probably due to hormones as well as i think im Pre-Menopausal,my symptoms incude;Insomnia,anxiety,depression,disorientation, memory loss etc....

Jmac
21-09-11, 18:39
Hi to both of you,

I too am struggling with anxiety, PA and depression due to perimenopause. I'm 49 and have pretty much all the classic symptoms of perimenopause and last spring added anxiety and depression to the list. Have been on cipralex 10mg for the past 4 - 5 weeks and it is helping hugely and continuing on an upswing. Wasn't happy about having to take an AD at first, but am feeling so much better that I'm well over that bugaboo.
Exercise, nutrition and supplements to repair and support your adrenals and endocrine system are a must - whether or not you choose HRT or AD therapy.
All the best and hope you feel better soon!
Jmac

larissa
21-09-11, 22:59
HI THERE,ABBY 1 AND JMAC.
MANY THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME ON MY FIRST POST.,IT MEANT A LOT.
i AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT BOTH OF YOU HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH MENOPAUSAL ANXIETY.I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU SOON,AND i REALLY DO SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU.

I AM ON PROPRANOLOL,AND THIS HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH,I ONLY STARTED THEM YESTERDAY ,AND THE DIFFERENCE IS AMAZING, AS THE LAST 6 WEEKS HAVE BEEN A NIGHTMARE.
I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH A STRONG SENSE OF TREMENDOUS FEAR AND SEVERE TREMORS THROUGHOUT MY BODY,I WAS A GIBBERING WRECK.MY FSH LEVELS WERE VERY HIGH,BUT NOT SURE WHY OR HOW THEY GOT TO BE LIKE THAT?
JUST GLAD THINGS ARE NOW SO MUCH BETTER.

HOPE THAT HELPS YOU BOTH OR ANY OTHER WOMEN SUFFERS ON NMP.

LARRISA

larissa
21-09-11, 23:01
hi again, sorry I meant to thank you too Dianne 7,its good to feel so welcome.

larissa

Vanilla Sky
22-09-11, 10:49
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

larissa
23-09-11, 11:07
hi Page,

thanks for your welcome helloe.