PDA

View Full Version : Throat problems - advice

Ambers
21-09-11, 18:12
I am physical in a bad way at the moment and I need to know whats anxiety and what is a real 'illness'

Throat problem - I do have mild Asthma. I feel like I am having an asthma attack like I cannot breathe out properly. This feeling is in my throat at the bottom of my neck - it feels dry. I think the dryness is what I am trying to described - dry as in my throat is going to stick together and no air is going to getting in.

I do not think it is my asthma because my breathing out test is clearer/higher than normal which is good.

I know that throat problems such as feeling like there is a lump is normal for anxiety - this doesn't feel like a lump.

Does anyone get this? Is it normal for anxiety?

I may be posting a few questions.

thank you

Ambers
21-09-11, 22:30
Bump

Gazman
21-09-11, 23:44
To be honest dryness at the back of the throat could be due to anything, from acid reflux, anxiety and other things. When i suffered from anxiety i did get globus (lump in throat sensation) and with it came a small patch of dryness right in the middle and back of my throat.

Maybe it's because you feel like you're not getting enough air, so that you keep mouth breathing and taking these big gulps of air and it is drying your throat out?

But ofcourse I'm no doctor and if it's a real worry then go get it checked out :)

Gemma T
21-09-11, 23:49
I know that anxiety can cause your throat muscles to constrict making it feel as though we struggle for breath. Anxiety also causes dry mouth and throat x x x