PDA

View Full Version : 26 & Panic'ing Bulimic

zoe050
21-09-11, 20:38
I'm Zoe. I'm 26 and I'm suffering from panic attacks, anxious and depressive thoughts and bulimia.
Life is tough right now but i'm getting through it! Although, i need the panic attacks to cease. I feel like im suffocating and I get them on the tube, so I try to walk or travel by bus. And the bulimia, well, its ruining my body. My heart beats irregular sometimes and i know its not good but i feel so good and so in control of my life after i do it, so its like a win lose situation..
Nothing ever works out for me, and everything that can go wrong, has been going wrong for over a year now.. I don't know how its universally possible sometimes! I just wish it would all stop and things could actually go right occasionally! Talk to me if you've been through something similiar?

nomorepanic
21-09-11, 20:39
Hi zoe050

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
22-09-11, 10:44
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

FriendlyBrunette1986
22-09-11, 20:32
Hello darling,

Im becks, pleasure to meet you! If you ever need to talk im 25 year old women and i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks also. Im currently using Citalopram and im taking 40mg pills and they are helping me day by day. Im here to support you as well as everyone else. I know you can get through this as its a battle but the person who wins is you because we're all fighters!

WolfieKate
23-09-11, 07:13
Just wanted to say hi, I was dropping by this website as I am off to see my doctor this am to talk new meds.

Eleven years ago I was 31 and suffering from long term bulimia and exercise disorder (since I was a child). My GP put me in touch with the psychiatry team and we worked out a plan. I started on prozac which is one of the main drugs out there which can help with bulimia and I slowly increased my dose to 60mg a day. I had Cognitive Behavioral therapy once a week and I saw a dietician once every few weeks. It took a few years but I beat bulimia and I now have a normal relationship with food and my own body. Sadly I still have depressive addiction disorder so I am changing from the prozac which helped me cure my bulimia. But at the time it was a wonder drug for me. At the time I was unable to function without doing crazy amount of exercise and I was binge eating or starving. I wish you so much luck. Bulimia is a crippling condition to deal with.

Kate