PDA

View Full Version : labyrinthitis or brain tumor

AnxiousMummy
21-09-11, 20:53
Well im officially scared been having headaches which my doctor pur down to tension in neck which i finally accepted then
3 days ago i started to feel really dizzy with immence head pressure that was painless and loosing balance and feeling ill so i went to a and e they gave me mini neurological tests and told me i have labyrinthitis and gave me stemetil

Of course i found this hard to believe given i
have managed to convince myself its some sort of cancer so i went to optician who did tests and gave me a prescription for reading glasses and asked me to come back in 2 year

Well since then still feeeling pressure off balance and out of it constantly and ontop off this my throat has a lot of pressure in it and feela tight also my left tonsil has
white spots on it

Sorry for long post but im so scared and need support im really panicing over this to the point im getting papitations

daybyday
21-09-11, 21:29
Maybe go back to your regular dr. with the er findings and see what he/she says
And ask about your tonsil spots too.
Hope you find some answers to help.

hyg
21-09-11, 22:48
hI
Ive had labyrinthritis twice and its awful. My symptoms were similar to yours at first I thought it was a migraine with dizziness until I started to feel off balance.-i too used stemetil. This is caused by a virus that gets into the ear and it can take 3 weeks before your totally better but the dizziness should calm down within a week. Unfortunately its the time of year for viruses-my kids have brought a cold one home from school-I dont feel too good either !!!! YOU LL BE FINE-TRY AND REST X

AnxiousMummy
24-09-11, 12:42
Thanks all for the advice had a pretty awful night with it last night feeling so dizzy with painless pressure in head a couple brain zaps too which freaked me out
As well as sleep paralysis upon waking ...not nice

Meewah
24-09-11, 15:39
Hi

I had this too. I woke up felt ok had a shower and went downstairs. I tried to walk in a straight line and ended up going to the right. Very strange experience. I laid down for a while and then went to see the doctor. I had to say I was a lot better within 10 minutes. He said he had had quite a few people in with it in the last week. He said these things dont usually come in epidemics but.

I know a friend had it all over xmas so It is doing the rounds. Keep taking the meds.

Mee

jaynjaylyn
24-09-11, 16:13
I have had dizziness everyday for over 2 years and have been told many many times that dizziness is NOT usually a symptom of a brain tumor and since you have been to the neurologist and optician they probably would have caught something. Most of the time dizziness is not serious and anxiety will make it way worse.

xfilme
24-09-11, 20:20
i had labyrinthitis for a month. its horrible. makes you feel like you are falling sideways and very dizzy. Keep taking your anti-nausea tabs and just let it go the course. I worried it was something worse when i had it too, but I was wrong and it all cleared by itself. x

AnxiousMummy
29-09-11, 22:06
thank you all for your replies ... feeling much better with regards to the Labyrinthitis ...occassional nausea and dizzy spells

But just when i think i can rationalise one symptom a new one appears ... thinking of going to doctors to be put on some meds to help with this horrible anxiety

I want to be me again !!!