PDA

View Full Version : Hello for Teaboy2

Teaboy2
21-09-11, 21:11
Hi everyone,

Some of you who have used legal beagles or consumer action group website forums may know me from there where i have been helping people with credit, debt, and employment issues aswell as over legal issue and general consumer advice for the past 3 years now. I know this site is not about consumer issue in general, so i will not be making any post on such issues unless someone starts a thread about such issues above that they are having, which i will be more than happy to help and advise them on.

Now i have suffered anxiety issues myself on and off for the past ten years, you know get anxious and slightly parenoid, i.e. think people are looking at you etc when they are not. Though recently i have over come it, though it has a habit of returning if am stressed or dispressed, which generally is not like me as am more laid back and not actually bothered what they think of me. Though i do not like being stared at or thinking people are lol.

I can't say how i came across the site, but Nicola is fully aware of that and its up to her if she wants post about it or not. But i look forward to spending some time here and getting to know you all.

Thanks

Teaboy2

nomorepanic
21-09-11, 21:13
Hi Teaboy2

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bottleblond
21-09-11, 22:32
Hi Teaboy

A very warm welcome to you :hugs:

Lovely to meet you.

Kind regards

Lisa
NMP admin

Teaboy2
21-09-11, 22:38
Thanks for the welcome girls.

Vanilla Sky
21-09-11, 23:33
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

diane07
22-09-11, 00:37
Hi Teaboy,

Welcome to NMP.

I wished 6 months ago i knew legal beagles existed as i'd have really needed your help.

Anyway it is fabulous to have you here and if you need any help around the forum or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Glad to have you on board.

di xx

Teaboy2
22-09-11, 09:42
Thanks paige and di

Di, regarding the problems you had 6 months ago, if they didn't work out in your favour then it may still be possible to change that, if you want to inform me of the details then i can look into it and see if still possible to do anything about it and hopefully get it sorted for you.

larissa
23-09-11, 10:06
Hi teaboy2,

I am new to nmp myself just recently,and I have found it a life line,which I hope you do to.
Its good to hear,how recently you have found a way to overcome your insecurities,,and it is such a shame how easily they creep back on you, when you least need it ,I really do feel for you,especially your having suffered with anxiety issues for 10 years.
I am sure Nmp will be all the better to have you as a member, having worked with legal beagals,web site forums,as these worries can make anxiety so much worse, your expertise will be of a great help to many of us,i(ncluding myself) I am sure,no matter how small a concerns we have.So welcome.

Anxiety is new to me as I usually suffer with depression,have done for sooo many years now.But to me anxiety is far worse,having experienced it first hand for the past 6 weeks now,it has been a night mare,I have had a hormone imbalance,that has just thrown me into such a hell,of the physical symptoms of anxiety.I have compassion for all anxiety suffers now,and respect for all they go through and suffer with.

ps I liked the way you helped the previous new member over his consumers concern.Nice one.You sound a great person to have on nmp..

fruitsundee
23-09-11, 11:37
Hi teaboy2

Welcome to nmp.

Regards

Fruitsundee

Teaboy2
25-09-11, 15:35
Hi larissa and fruitsundee

Thanks for your kind comments and welcoming me to NMP. Sorry for taking so long to reply, the email notifications went in the spam box so only just spotted them.

larissa, your right - I have seen many cases in consumer issues and employment issues where people have ended up in very desperate situations and suffered Depression and Anxiety to the point of near mental break down some even do have mental break downs as a result and sadly some some have even taken their own lifes purely as a result of the way these unscrupulous companies act, some in cases of debt where not even the real debor yet hounded into taking their own lifes. Most people are not aware that there is help out there and go into their own shells as a result which is the worse thing they can do.

I am certainly more then happy to offer my expertise to members that face such issues and advise them accordingly and no doubt their are members here in need of such help since such issues can lead to Depression and Anxiety and even make it worse for those that already suffer from Depression and Anxiety or other illnesses or disabilities

As for my own issue with Anxiety, all though its hard when it does effect me i found proffessional help of no use to me. So my way through it is to battle it head on and not let it take hold. I.e. when i sense it coming i will focus my mind on something else or distract myself from thinking about it by talking to someone or throwing myself into my work. Basically now, when i see it trying to creep into my mind i slam the door shut on it and it does the trick, but it is no doubt going to be a constant battle as it has been for the last 10 years, but now it hardly effects me unless i happen to be feeling really down, usually after a night out which i only do once or twice a fortnight and only if am hung over as a result which is not that often. I suppose my huge amount of determination and will power is whats got me through the last 10 years and in my industry that i work in you need to have determination and will power as well as confidence to succeed, so starting my business has probably help me more then anything.

Obviously am not saying professional help is useless as it does help a hell of a lot of people, am just saying for me in my circumstances and way of thinking, is that it was not what i needed to fight this battle i was having. And i believe the best support is from family, friends and a community where you feel welcomed and wanted and know that you can turn to for the help you need and to give you the strengh to carry on. Basically for me professional help was of no use as the counselor said herself, that because i am able to see, describe and understand my thoughts and what my mind is telling me so well, and because i know where the route course of my condition is there is not a lot they can do to help, other then suggest i did volunteer work and joined groups that did activitie days and even goto coffee mornings, basically to take my mind of it i guess - whether that was good advice for a professional to give, i don't know. But what i do know is that her suggestions were not going to help me in my fight against my condition as i knew myself it was all to do with my mind, regardless of the cause, and that that was where the battlelines were. So yeah, it has been a constant battle in my mind for the best part of 10 years, but i can confidently say that yes i am winning and my condition has gone from being a force to be reckoned with to nothing more then a pesky little pest that needs swatting every now and then. I know my way in dealing with it and the way i describe it is a little usual but the point is it works for me and no doubt telling this here may help others too.

larissa
25-09-11, 21:06
Hi teaboy 2,
I hope you don't mind my rewriting again.It was good to read your reply.
Only I am trying really hard to distract from my anxiety,like you, but it is so hard ,as the anxiety makes me so fearful,and the hours it continually goes on,and on for turns me into a gibbering wreck.
It's good to communicate with someone,such as yourself,about this,as you know how hard it is to overcome,especially having had lived with it for 10yrs.
How do you manage it,only its so scary.I am at my wits end,I have only recently been a sufferer from anxiety these past 6 weeks,and I so need a level headed friend who I can communicate with,to help me through this,and as I don't know anyone here on nmp,can I message you if need be?

Teaboy2
25-09-11, 21:33
Hi Larissa

I know exactly what your saying. You can message me any time you need too and i will reply as soon as i can, though it may not be straight away due to my business commitments.

When you first start suffering from anxiety you find yourself thinking about it the most, but the more you think about it the worser it gets as just by thinking about it makes it worse. So when your out and about somewhere and your thinking about things like, everyone is looking at me. Then that is when you need to shut the door on it by forcing your thoughts on a different subject or starting a conversation, its easier with friends and family members with you then it is with strangers but eventually you get better at it and it becomes easier. So thinking about it is really the worse thing you can do, because when your thinking about it your actually allowing it to take hold, but by changing your thoughts to something different then the mental symptoms are blocked and that will result in the pysical symptoms stopping too. Its all about getting contol of your own mind and shutting out the thoughts that cause your anxiety. Atleast that is how i deal with it based on my own problems with anxiety.