PDA

View Full Version : A good Job Centre experience at last

venusbluejeans
21-09-11, 23:17
This was going to be a post about how i failed and such like, as i woke up in a big panic and ended up chickening out of driving as i was panicing so much..... but turned into a little bit of a different story

Well after going to sleep at four am (thanks to Hunter, not my fault at all ok maybe a little bit my fault :whistles: ) I had my alarm set for half past seven to get up for an appointment with a Disability Employment Advisor at the Job Centre at half past nine.
So as i said above i woke up in a big panic and made a trip to the chat room panicing (days like this make me grateful to the breakfast club in there) it helped to have someone to talk to. anyway i did chicken out of driving due to panic and thought it was going to be one of those rubbish days........ but after calming down in the car and on the way to the Job centre with a big bit of help from another member (thank you very much Terror you were a big help :D)

At the Job centre i met up with the DEA and she was actually a really nice woman. It turned out that she had a fairly similar experience to me where she found her mum dead on the floor one day (where i found my dad :weep:) so she know how the experience affects you and she also used to look after children as a job which is also what i do/did.
As i am still having some bad days and find it hard to drive/go out sometimes she suggested that i go to see my dr and see if he will sign me off work for 6 weeks and then me change benifits from Job Seekers allowance to ESA....and look for some volluntary work just to get back used to going out and working etc. Then hopefully during this six weeks i can sort myself out completely and not have to go every two weeks to sign on (bonus) and then when the review/medical for the ESA is due i will be properly fit enough to go back on to jobseekers properly. :yesyes:

So that is my next few steps, I thought i would share them with you to prove that there are some good stories to come from the job centre as well as the horror stories that are on here (yes i have posted one of those too:blush:)

Love Emma Ted and Ed xxx

saro
21-09-11, 23:20
Big hugs emz!!!! im glad the day went abit better for you <3 xxxxxxxxxx