PDA

View Full Version : Migraine.....why?

Laine
22-09-11, 08:06
Last night I had a migraine attack which I haven't had for years!

The reason I'm posting about it is that yesterday I was on a kind of high after finding this website and realising that I'm not the only person with severe health anxiety, I read loads of posts and the relief knowing that I'm not totally mad was fantastic.

So why did I get a migraine last night, I'm wondering in a weird way whether the relief somehow triggered one if that makes sense???

Ddcoo
22-09-11, 08:50
Hi Laine, so pleased you have found this site, I felt the same as you when I first joined and don't know what I would do without it. Anyway to get to your question; both me and my partner have migraines, my feller gets one or two a month and I get about 6 a year, I have been writing it down each time he gets one and have come to the conclusion that he mainly gets them when he is relaxed after getting home from work as they are usually happening about 6pm.

I posted here a couple of months ago because I had 3 migraines in 3 days which had never happened to me before and it unnerved me, so maybe because of the relief of finding this site is the reason you had one. Please try not to worry about it too much and I hope you feel much better now.

Laine
22-09-11, 13:53
hi Ddcoo

thanks for the reply, didn't go into work today as I have a bad headache from yesterday but all in all feeling better :)

paula lynne
22-09-11, 14:34
Hi Laine, what a beautiful name!
It may be a surge of adrenaline. When we get excited (or in your case it was relief as well knowing you werent alone) adrenaline kicks in, it could well have been that.
If this is your first ever migraine, please see your GP so they can add it to your notes.
If youve had miraine before, maybe worth seeing your optician, when was your last eye test?

Anyway, try a warm bath, put a hot water bottle behind your head and it will help blood/oxygen perliferation to your head (open up vessels)....dont read, watch too much tv, or spend too long on your laptop today. Take anti-inflammatories if you can tolerate them and have taken them before. Plenty of fluids.

Get well soon, Paula x:)

Laine
22-09-11, 21:04
hi Paula

Its not the first migraine I've had but the first for many years. I had my eyes tested just a few months ago so probably not that. Tend to think that it was as you say and some sort of adrenaline rush lol

Feeling much better now tho thanks