PDA

View Full Version : please can someone reassure me.....

tinkerbelle84
22-09-11, 08:56
Hi,I have posted a few times on this forum...but feel desperate today.I am on 30mg mirtazapine and have been on this dose for 2 weeks.im not seeing a great improvement in my depression or anxiety.last night was particularly bad for me as I was dozing off i would have really random thoughts going through my mind,like I was dreaming awake,I'm so scared that this is a brain disease and my fears have been right all along.my original post back in august was my fear of cjd.sometimes I believe this is whats happening and sometimes I know its what I'm putting in my head.I'm crying as I write this and am begging someone to reassure me.I feel like im not me and im slipping into an abyss,also have terrible depersonalisation.I'm in such a state.....anyone x x

countrygirl
22-09-11, 11:23
Deep breath - if you had what you feared vcjd then you would in a very short space of time become very disabled with obvious symptoms physical and mental. Horrible as it is anyone who does develop this disease and remember it is still incredibly rare, is extremely ill in a short space of time. You have more chance of being run over by a bus than have vcjd.

The drug you are on and all of those drugs can in themselves make symptoms worse rather than better in some people and also cause symptoms like you have mentioned.

Have you discussed your real fears with your DR as so often we don't actulaly tell them what it is that we fear and with a sympathetic Dr this can help tremendously as they can explain why your fears are unfounded or even do a test that will reassure you.

Abby1
22-09-11, 13:01
Hi,im on 15mg of Mirtazapine and i find it has given me very vivid dreams,almost like reality,it actually scared me this morning. I also find it makes me groggy a lot of the time,like brain fog (well its either that or the Pre-Menpoause). I hope this is of some help?

Liliana83
22-09-11, 14:52
It sounds like a side effect of the med you are taking...I take another anti depressant (Trazodone) for my insomnia..not for depression..and I get weird/vivid dreams..I don't think much of it, to be honest...

Doctors say it takes a person a few weeks for their body to adjust to anti-depressants. I think when it's bad for example if you have irrational thoughts, signs of hurting yourself that's when you need to contact your doctor, asap. If it's just ''dreams'' you are having..I personally would not let that get to me.

Also, don't drink any alcohol with it..it may trigger some bad experiences..