PDA

View Full Version : Its my wedding anniversary and things are very different this year...

paula lynne
22-09-11, 10:23
Hi friends x
Ive been a member of this forum for just over a year now. My last wedding anniversary last year was a disaster....I was gripped with panic, couldnt leave the house, drank too much, was posting threads on here non-stop, slept all the time, sat in a chair most of the day, and had the "woe is me" attitude 24/7.......

Thanks to the support of some very good friends here, this year is very different!

My husband and I are not only going out for a meal, but weve decided we wont plan anything, just drive until we find somewhere we like the look of...

Now, for anyone suffering with panic and anxiety, you will know PLANNING is a big thing, plan where you go, how long it will take to get there, how long you will be there, your escape route, how long will it take to get back to the house...etc etc etc,

Ive let go. Ive stopped trying to control it. Sure, Im a little dizzy, but I tell myself its excitement. Yes, I will still have my trusty paper bag with me, so what. Im going to wear a nice dress, do my hair, and enjoy it, every moment of it......after being trapped inside my house for years this is huge. But I dont care about the panic now. And it has finally given up on me! It doesnt control me, because I dont CARE about it any more. I stopped investing my time and energy into it, it has grown weak, and I have grow strong!

Nothing will stop me enjoying my 11th wedding anniversary. My husband deserves it. I deserve it. Im going, no excuses this year! Ive wasted enough time already investing in this illness. No more.

Thanks to everybody who has supported me over the last year, youve all been fantastic. :hugs:love Paula x

diane07
22-09-11, 10:30
Paula,

That is fantastic to hear.

You have come along way and done so well, and your determination will keep you becoming stronger and stronger.

I hope you and hubby have a fabulous night out and a very Happy Anniversary to you both :hugs:

di xxx

Magic
22-09-11, 11:01
Dear Paula,
I am so glad you have decided to do this.
I'ts better not to plan things, I hope you enjoy yourselves together just the two of you.
Lots Love and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

debs71
22-09-11, 12:11
Paula, you sound so great and positive. I'm very happy for you.

I wish you both a wonderful Anniversary....

Thank you to YOU for all of your support to us.xxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

kibbutz83
22-09-11, 12:15
Good for you girl!! I've been doing the same.. it's the only way, and we only have one shot at life. Have an amazing time xxx

macc noodle
22-09-11, 12:19
Paula

What an inspiring post ! I hope that you and hubby have an absolutely fabulous time.

Mr Panic is no longer required at this party :yesyes:

Love

Macc Noodle

xxxx

paula lynne
22-09-11, 15:16
Thank you all, its nice to be a little selfish and take something back for a change...Im glad to be able to call you "friends"...Im very lucky to have you x
Paula (off to stuff a mushroom) x :D and glam up a bit ( a size 14 now, from a 20) x

hamster lady
22-09-11, 18:51
Hi Paula

I'm so pleased to here that you feeling so much better, it is wonderful news! It gives me hope that I can be free of the panic monster too, although I have been feeling a lot better recently thanks to all the wonderful help and advice you have given me, I can't thank you enough!:flowers:Many congratulations on your 11th wedding anniversary!:flowers: Have a wonderful evening!

hamster ladyxxx:)

cymraig_chris
22-09-11, 21:02
awesome :hugs:

mjh74
22-09-11, 21:28
Paula, what a super, brilliant, amazing post!

Hope you both have an AMAZING time, you really deserve it!

:bighug1:

paula lynne
23-09-11, 09:33
Thanks everybody! x :D

allergyphobia
23-09-11, 10:41
so pleased for you Paula you skinny minnie!

Did you have a nice time??

xxx:hugs:

kinnygirl1
23-09-11, 15:56
Congrats on your anniversary and conquering your panic...very inspiring. have a great time. x x x

ann01
23-09-11, 18:51
brillant post Paula, happy anniversary have a fabulous time x

paula lynne
24-09-11, 11:52
Thanks all! We had a lovely meal in Harvester (got to watch the pennies)...we didnt rush...it was packed but I wasnt bothered.....
Drove down to the sea and sat in the car listening to CDs....
Found a really old pub with a real fire and enjoyed a packet of bacon fries and glass of squash hahaa.....

Just goes to show its possible to have a quality of life while living with anxiety and panic. I feel like a new person. It will never rule my life again! x
Love Paula x

JT69
24-09-11, 16:29
Hi Paula,

What a lovely encouraging post...so pleased for you...you have come so far...this awful thing we suffer with sometimes seems so hard to over-come but somehow we do. You are an inspiration to others. Well done and so glad you had a lovey anniversary.

Jo.xx

paula lynne
26-09-11, 09:33
Thanks Jo for your kind and supportive words.xxxx
:hugs:Best wishes to you xxx

Vix86
26-09-11, 15:31
How true what you wrote about planning, one of my friends once bought me a t-shirt saying 'I love Plans' on it, didn't realise until recently how linked this was to suffering from panic.

Have an amazing time at dinner, you're husband is a lucky man to be married to such a sunny, positive person - and sounds like he's quite the catch too!

Hazel B
26-09-11, 22:54
Dear Paula

Happy Anniversary and well done!

We started here at a similar time and I feel honoured to know your progression and to see how far you've come.

You're an inspiration, you should be so proud of yourself!

:hugs::):D:bighug1:

urbanhermit
27-09-11, 00:01
Paula,

I am new to the forums but it was wonderful to hear your story!

Urbanhermit