PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP

molly15
17-05-06, 19:55
hi im just wondering if any1 suffers from a terribly tight chest and a feeling of suffocating all day but worse when im doing housework etc it feels like my lungs are spasaming or something i get it a lot most days but worse when im active .had lots of tests ashtma checks lung fuction test chest xray and ecg all normal my doc says im hyperventilating but can it cause such bad chest symptoms i feel like i cant get take a deep breath as if im being smotherd all day .i have to stop hoovering and sit down its that bad.can any1 relate to a feeling like a wheezy throat as well that the only way i can describe that feeling.i just feel my whole throat chest and diaphragm are constricted .can any1 relate to this. thank you marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

PLEASE EVERYONE, I POSTED THIS EARLIER AND I AM REALLY PANICKING BECAUSE NONE OF YOU SEEM TO SUFFER THE SAME. IF ANYONE HAS ANY WORDS THAT MAY HELP, OR IF YOU HAVE SUFFERED THE SAME I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL AS I AM SOOO FREAKED OUT NOW

THANK YOU . MARCIA

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

MrMonkey
17-05-06, 20:13
I think everyone who has suffered anxiety has suffered a tightness and constriction in their chest. It's really the first symptom of anxiety. You tense up and struggle to get air in which then triggers a whole other bunch of symptoms. The hard part is realising there is nothing wrong and relaxing again because you tend to worry as long as the symptom is around which make sit worse and yet the only way to feel better is accept it and relax.

I think the best thing you can do is to focus on breathing with the diapragm. Breathing through the chest is shallow and but take sa lot of effort. with the diaphragm its the opposite but takes a bit of getting used to. Try and spend a bit of time focusing on your breathing and imagining that when you breathe in, a giant plunger is forcing all that air down into your abdomen. And when you breathe out the air is forcing the plunger back up. The strength comes from your midriff and not your chest.

I hope it helps.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

mconlon
17-05-06, 20:34
This is not who you are

As an anxiety and panic person you and your body can do this all day . . . but what happens when you go to bed? Your body(chest and throat and all) thank their lucky stars you are sleeping and they RELAX and behave normally-if they didn't you'd be awake!!

Breathing properly is one of the best steps you can take to lessening the tension of anxiety and panic.

You can and will defeat the power this have over you. . . .and stop doing housework!!

LOVE and best wishes
MC

joolsukuk
17-05-06, 22:36
hi,
its very comon with anxiety really have you tried reading some other posts plenty of people have the same fear .. i went through a stage of feeling i couldnt get enough air and took so many deep breaths i ended up brusing my chest put to much strain on chest muscles it didnt do any damage just hurt i no longer have this problem and havent had for a number of years ..so please try not to worry and youve said youve had x rays and check ups and you ok...youve just become very aware of you breathing when you feel it next try singing a silly song hope you feel better and not so alone xx

jools xx

Wenjoy
18-05-06, 07:31
Hi there
I KNOW what you mean. I am asthmatic and use inhaleres but the worst part of my anxiety is breathlessness. I feel tight and cant breathe ev en tho Ive used my inhaler. I try to breathe in more and more air and cant and it hurts and then I feel dizzy and faint and hot and terrified. I KNOW its panic and that the more I struggle to breathe - the worse it will be and that if I sit down and breathe from my stomach and drop my shoulders it calms me down and I KNOW its not going to hurt me - this site is fantastic with all the advice etc as everyone (yes - every single on of us) knows what its like and I know you are scared but IT CANT HURT YOU - you are fine - I promise you - relax and breathe..........................#

Love Wenjoy x

Hannahlou84
18-05-06, 11:10
Hiya Marcia,

I get like this without knowing I am hyperventilating first, so I know it's scary. The most important thing you can probably do is remind yourself that it is panic, and it can't hurt you.

I also find focusing on my breathing, however difficult that feels helps to ease the symptoms quicker. Not necessarily big breaths to begin with, but regular breathing should help it ease it for you- even holding your breath for a few seconds longer than you would regularly should help your body sort your breathing out.

Hope this helps,

Hannah x

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"