PDA

View Full Version : Help, how can i stop the shaking!

gizmoxx
22-09-11, 10:29
When ive had a panic attack or a bad anxiety day (thankfully dont happen too often now) i get the shakes all over :( i think its the adrenaline? could anyone suggest ways to help this symptom go away? my jaw is the worst affected. My mouth hurts for ages after because its been so tense. Any help great ly appriciated
Sherrie x

diane07
22-09-11, 10:38
Hi Sherrie,

I used to get this and it was a nightmare, the body goes through all sorts when in panic, i had cbt to combat this and thankfully it worked, mine got to the point where i'd even shake before a panic came, it was embarrasing.

I would try some relaxation cd's or techniques and try and get your mind to relax as much as possible, it may help you to not tense up too.

di xxx

gizmoxx
22-09-11, 11:26
Thanks for that. I had CBT a while ago but this wasnt a problem then, do you think my GP would refer me back for more treatment? It did help last time.
Sherrie

diane07
22-09-11, 11:29
I certainly can't see the harm in asking...

Do you only shake after you've had a panic attack?

di x

gizmoxx
22-09-11, 15:51
Yes its only after the panic attack. it lasts a long time though, i think its the more i think about it the worse it is :/
Sherrie

Anxious_gal
22-09-11, 16:05
Wrap up in a blanket and breath slow n pretend you are just cold, I find it helps me