PDA

View Full Version : plz help :(

tinauk29
22-09-11, 11:08
hi all was suffering bad panic attacks a few months ago i had sum cbt via telephone and i gave up alcohol and i was so much better going out more etc then i slipped a bit with the drinking but im now back on track and im not getting that good feeling anymore im always feeling dizzy and like in a different world if this makes sense why cant i get back up ive stopped the beer ive had enough i dont go out anywhere im relying on my partner to much i just feel hopless useless to my kids and to him i just want to be the old me again im so upset :( tina

tinauk29
22-09-11, 21:54
and i thought this was a support forum :(

nomorepanic
22-09-11, 22:14
Hi Tina

Just bump your post - like you have - and people will see it on the active list again and reply if they can help.

saffy f
22-09-11, 22:30
Hi Tina
Sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment.I'm sure you're not useless to your partner and children,it's just how you're feeling at the moment.
If your feeling depressed and/or anxious may be you should give cbt/counselling another go.If it helped last time.
Drinking always seems to heighten the feelings you have at the time therefor it could make you feel more down especially the next morning.I know I always have bad anxiety the next morning if I drink when my anx is high.
Try and get out and about a bit if you can,even if it's just to the shops.I know it's easy to lock yourself away when you feel depressed.
Remember these feelings will pass,you've done it before and you can do it again
x

Mr.Jitters
22-09-11, 22:52
Hi Tina,

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the moment. But try not to give yourself a hard time. Everyone's allowed to feel a bit down after a slip up or setback, but it gets better. Remember, there's no end of help, and there are no end of people here if you need to get things off your chest. Sometimes, it just takes time. Congratulations of giving up the drinking. That takes a lot of strength, something to be proud of.

Kam