PDA

View Full Version : making friends

loubear
22-09-11, 12:38
hi my name is lou and find it hard 2 meet others with depression etc, no one round my way seems 2 care , so if u would like a new true friend , message me:)

larissa
23-09-11, 11:45
Hi there lou,

I would be very keen to have a new good true friend,as I lost contact with all my good friends over the years,and have never managed to find others to replace them,nor really tried to.
I have suffered with depression over many years,and it has made it hard for me to be part of a crowd or just anyone one given person,as feel I have nothing in common or anything that I could relate to others with,because of the depression.
And like you, sometimes it feels like no one seems to care.
I have over the past 6 weeks also been suffering from severe anxiety,also,due to a hormone imbalance,which has been a nightmare, so am no longer just a sufferer of depression,but of anxiety too.

Looking forward to your reply,should you wish too.

loubear
23-09-11, 20:12
Hi larrissa , thank u 4 ur message, im still trying 2 get use 2 this site lol, i didnt think i would ever get a reply.the people i thought was freinds didnt seem 2 care andwasnt there wen i needed , but have been there 4 them, if u no wot i mean? im alright with certain people and certain places but find it stressful if its a new place or a apt.i suffer from headaches all my life but worse wen stressed etc which is alot lol,i feel like i will never b normal, iwant my depression 2 go away so bad, hops 2 hear from u soon x

larissa
23-09-11, 20:50
hi loubear,
sorry you have been let down bye people who you thought cared.perhaps they are having a bad time of it themselves at the moment?
but of course this doesn't help you,especially when you need some one to be there,when you need them.
It is hard being with different people and being in different places,some easier to get along with than others,and other places more welcoming.It is hard to adjust,and deal with insecurity all at the same time,I agree.Life can be a challenge at times,but don't put too much pressure on yourself to be "normal", try to accept your depression,and take each day as it comes.
I too have to learn to do that with my anxiety,and it is so hard,so yes I know what you are going through.
take care