PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im new....

MrsDexter
22-09-11, 15:35
Hi All,
I am new to the site. I have recently been diagnosed with Anxiety, Drepression & suffering from very low self esteem.
I also have panic attacks and really have to motivate myself into doing most things.
I have been given Citalopram and I am feeling some of the side effects at the moment. Im very tired all the time. Im also seeing a C.B.T who is helping me.

I binge eat due to feeling so low which has caused obvious weight gain which makes me feel worse about myself, then I eat again 'cause I feel bad. Its just one big cycle that I am finding difficult to get out of.

I am lucky that I have wonderful Husband who supports me and I very good Friend also, but I dont want anyone else to know whats happening to me.
I work full time and I am finding some/most of the anxiety stems from here, but I dont get paid if im off ill so I have to put up with it.

Sorry if I have gone on a bit

Mrs D

diane07
22-09-11, 15:40
Hi MrsDexter

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

zygfried
22-09-11, 17:45
Hi, and welcome! Hope you get lots of benefit and support from the site. It's really good for us all, I think, to know that we're not alone. There are loads of tips and advice. Meantime, take care of yourself. What you said about yourself (anxiety, depression, low self-esteem) applies equally to me. Weight gain is difficult, especially when suffering from low self esteem. I now eat more healthily and have discovered an exercise that I enjoy - keeping at that also boosts esteem a little. Best of luck.x