PDA

View Full Version : lump on hairline

swgrl09
22-09-11, 17:18
I am kind of freaking out, i found a lump a couple days ago on the back of my head right at my hairline where it meets my neck. It is small, maybe size of a pencil eraser? I cannot tell if it is mobile because there isn't much movable tissue over there anyway but it is making me nervous! I don't have any scratches or blemishes on my scalp that I know of, I did have a scratch on my head last week but that went away easy as pie. I do have a lot of muscle tension and knots that are in my shoulders, neck, and reach up onto my head but this feels different. It does not hurt.

I am sure it must be a lymph node or a cyst, I do have a sebaceous cyst lower down on my neck, but I still am worried bc it is not very mobile.

please respond!

swgrl09
22-09-11, 18:51
anybody? :(

swgrl09
22-09-11, 19:52
googled and am convinced it is the beginning of lymphoma ... don't have time to get to a doctor for a few days. great! i dont even trust docs to get it right, even if it is small now it could be the beginning of lymphoma.

lucy devine
23-09-11, 05:55
do you put your hair up? like in a ponytail or whatever? because if you do and you do so tight, it can cause irritation on the hairline...i had the same problem as I was tying my hair back too tight and this caused lumps like you have described on my hairline...leaving my hair down and not tied back for a little while cleared them up completely
xxxxx

xfilme
23-09-11, 18:46
It could be an infected hair follicle. I find this happens a lot of I dont wansh my hair and I get a grease build up... like at festivals etc.

sophie20
23-09-11, 20:10
I had a lump in the same place, it was an ingrowing hair, as soon as i got rid of the hair the swelling started to go.
I wouldn't worry about it.

TaKe care
Sophie

swgrl09
24-09-11, 04:37
but it is painless?

Smoore09
01-08-14, 22:57
Sorry i cant help. I am looking help for my self. I also have a lump on my headline but have not encountered any accidents for it to occur. It does not hurt and i feel no pain at all when i press on it. I am not sure how long it has been there for. I do not get headaches that often but i often feel sick and i am always drowsy. I'm wondering if anyone can help me because I'm really unsure whats caused this and how to get rid of it. Thanks

Fishmanpa
02-08-14, 02:53
googled and am convinced it is the beginning of lymphoma ... don't have time to get to a doctor for a few days. great! i dont even trust docs to get it right, even if it is small now it could be the beginning of lymphoma.

:doh: I'm willing to bet that it's not. I had cancer. I had swollen nodes. I wish I had photos of what a swollen node really looks like. A pencil bump that you have to poke and prod to find is not sinister. You've had many fears in and none turned out to be anything threatening. The tests and doctors visits would have revealed something.

That being said, any node, lesion or area that doesn't resolve in 3 or so weeks should be looked at. Also being said, poking and prodding it constantly will aggravate it and cause it to swell and hang around a lot longer.

Positive thoughts

swgrl09
02-08-14, 13:57
Just noticed this popped up on here .... My post was three years ago, haha. But thank you for the response. My bump turned out to actually be a muscle knot, although I do get cysts too in that area from time to time.

I'm actually glad this post came up because I've been down on myself, thinking I have gotten bad with HA again but in actuality I am still much better than I was three years ago this time of year! That was right after my mom died, so I def didn't trust doctors then but I have come very far in that department.

CHELLEB1017
14-04-17, 16:35
I know this is super old but sounds exactly what I have going on! So I co-sleep with my 10 month old so I wake up with a sore neck/shoulders weekly! I have two tiny at most pea sized bumps close together on my hairline in the back of my neck towards the left side and they dont hurt and dont feel mobile. They have been there for a few weeks but haven't grown at all. How did you know it was a muscle knot? I actually sort of think mine may be muscle knots too as my neck constantly hurts when I turn it to the side and the pain radiates to my shoulder on the same side kinda like when you slept on it funny. If you happen to see this thanks in advance and glad you are better :D