PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here :)

Emzerness
22-09-11, 19:18
Hey all.
I'm rubbish at introducing myself but I'll just tell you a couple of things anyway.

I'm 19 years old, my name is Emma.
I realised I had Health Anxiety when doctors told me all my problems were probably down to me being so anxious in the first place.
I did have a few 'sessions' with somebody over the phone, it helped a little bit being able to talk about it but I'm still worrying about certain things.

The main problem for me is that I constantly worry about blood clots as my dad has had a DVT & PE and I've also inherited a blood clotting disorder from him so I'm always scared.

I have low Vitamin D levels at the minute which is causing pain in my legs.. am taking supplements & calcium tablets but the pain isn't improving yet. Today I started getting pain in my groin area (Sorry if I let off too much information guys lol) and I've been getting pain behind my knee as well and of course this is leading me to panic and I'm constantly on google reading about blood clots which is of course only feeding my anxiety.

& no matter how many times I go to the doctors they tell me it's nothing and pretty much all in my head (which it isn't and this really frustrates me) :unsure:

Anyway, sorry that my introduction kinda dragged on :) but that's just a bit about me and wanted to say hello to everyone.

:yesyes:

nomorepanic
22-09-11, 19:19
Hi Emzerness

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes