PDA

View Full Version : How I Went Anxious Free

Roberts
22-09-11, 20:16
Well, I May not be " Anxious Free " at this present time but I thought I would share how I became Anxious Free a Year and half ago....

My anxiety started at 14 when i had a panic attack, I Recived CBT for 2 years and it only helped a little, I started getting Paranoia, constant "on edge" feeling and Depression :weep:

My confidence went down the drain and i temporarily stopped eating, stayed off school for 6 months and didnt leave the bedroom.

I then started lifting weights as i heard exercise was a good boost for confidence, slowly I seen my confidence growing and anxiety fading day by day.:roflmao:

Well recently stopped lifting and now im back at square one!!

Just wanted to know if anyone does regular exercise for anxiety?

Helen1985
22-09-11, 20:28
Hello!
Yes i do, ive started to do Zumba every week and i love it!! I look forward to the next session and i find it really helps my mind. :) I do belive exercise is the way forward for alot of people. xxxx

Lion King
22-09-11, 21:13
Hi Roberts,

I know how you feel, exercise is a good means of beating anxiety but when you stop you feel like your body and mind is not occupied with the good feel factor, so this space becomes filled with overthinking and procrastrinating which feeds anxiety. I would definitely say keep training but in moderation and think of distraction techniques to avoid the anx (use your CBT I found it really useful).

I hope you well.

LK

Roberts
24-09-11, 02:06
yer I find exercise to be a good "destraction" from anxiety, also i know what your saying about when you stop, It might not work for everyone but it sure helped me alot along with CBT

Thanks for replies! :D

zygfried
24-09-11, 10:57
The discovery that I like 'spinning' has really helped me too! I've never been particularly fit but doing this class regularly has helped with all those feel-good endorphins, etc. Also getting fitter in itself has been a good boost for the self-esteem and another useful distraction. Always good when you finally find (in my case!) an exercise that you like doing!