PDA

View Full Version : chest discomfort won't go away

Dazfoxy530
22-09-11, 21:11
Hi All, Getting rather fed up with this chest pain/discomfort,(feels like the muscles are tight) had all the heart tests their fine, it is just anxiety but I can't seem to get it to go no matter how many relaxation excersises I do. Does anyone have any good methods to relieve the tightness. Its even putting me off eating and thats no good!

kinnygirl1
23-09-11, 15:43
Distraction works the best for me... do something you really enjoy, talk to a friend, lose yourself in a movie etc..... I find if I do relaxation excercises I just find myself self monitoring to see if its working, if you know what I mean.

x x

Babikins
23-09-11, 16:00
Any chance your coming down with a bit of a cold? Whenever I have a tight, uncomfortable or "heavy" feeling chest I think it is anxiety, but 9 times out of 10 I am hit with a cold after a few days!

sandy40
23-09-11, 17:45
Hi Itoo have chest discomfort,have done for weeks...i get pain as well,ive had tests all ok...what tests have you had?

jo h
25-09-11, 13:26
Hi All, Getting rather fed up with this chest pain/discomfort,(feels like the muscles are tight) had all the heart tests their fine, it is just anxiety but I can't seem to get it to go no matter how many relaxation excersises I do. Does anyone have any good methods to relieve the tightness. Its even putting me off eating and thats no good!

I have exactly the same problem ...it makes me not want to move off the sofa....i wish i could control the pains too :( its all consuming too it makes me not wanna go out ....

blondinou
25-09-11, 16:19
I get this too... It's there so much of the time and doesn't seem to just go away necessarily when I'm more relaxed. It sometimes makes me feel like it's stopping me breathing properly too. Seems like this is one of the most resistant symptoms in that relaxation, positive thinking etc doesn't seem to budge it! I agree with kinnygirl1, distraction sometimes works. But sorry I can't really suggest anything :-( Hoping someone else will have a good tip?!