PDA

View Full Version : At work and silently panicing

j2
22-09-11, 21:20
I am at work in a meeting and about 20 minutes ago I began belching up the taste of blood. About 6 yrs ago I had some bleeding in my esophagus from GERD. I had a scope put down my throat and they found nothing. I swear I am currently tasting blood again (I think) and I feel like I am going to pass out. I don't know what to do. My anxiety is through the roof.

J2

Babikins
22-09-11, 21:26
Is there any way you can rearrange, give yourself an hour or so to calm down?

I know it's scary when your not sure whats going on, but remember that you control your body, and it's reactions. Try and focus on being the boss of your own body, just for a while so you can get through the meeting.

I hope you are OK!

Babs,

x

j2
22-09-11, 21:28
I am trying really hard to control it. Deep breaths, distractions and all. I am trying to let it pass but I am losing the fight.

Babikins
22-09-11, 21:35
Anxiety is an awful enemy but you can control it. Have a glass of cold water and keep regulating your breathing. Do you have a friend or someone you trust in the office you could maybe have a word with? I know it's not easy to tell someone you have anxiety, but a nice friendly person can really help you get through it.

x

j2
22-09-11, 21:43
Thanks Babkins for just listening. I don't have anyone here to talk to. I really haven't found anyone outside of this board that understands. You are helping and I really appreciate it. The meeting is winding down and I should be able to get out soon. As long as I don't feel like I am bleeding internally again. I hate this:(

Janvi
23-09-11, 07:04
Hi

Be brave. You will be ok. Even i felt the taste of blood last time but did not go to any dr yet. If you have been to a Dr.,I dont think u have any serious problem. I know anxiety is a hell n im on high PA nearly everyday because i suffer from social anxiety. Plus ive a baby of i years old to look after. I hope i can come out of this cause im really afraid with the palpitation issue. You just be positive. If u want u have a medical check up.