PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know What This Is??? Please

leesa-x
22-09-11, 23:53
Hi Can Anyone Help Me, I have had acid reflux for well over a year now, medications that the doctors have given me don't work!! now a doctor wants me to do a Faeces Test, and he wants them to check for Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis? Does anyone know what this is? and is it serious? or does anyone else suffer from this? :shrug:please any help would much be apprieciated.. Many thanks you guys so worried :weep: xxx

karlwirral
23-09-11, 03:57
Yep i had to do one of these. Its fine its a general test for bacteria in your stomach. After this i had to have an endoscopy which i chickened out of :blush:

Anxious_gal
23-09-11, 03:57
I think it means how the pituitary gland and the adrenals interact with each other, HPA I think they test.
Stress and anxiety can affect it two somehow.
There isn't much online about the test I'm afraid. No it doesn't seen to point to anything serious.

leesa-x
23-09-11, 12:30
Thanks for replies, also i dont know if connected but when i open my bowels there is a lot of pain feels like glass and something is in the way, and bleeding bright red, in which i told the doctor this, he replied your too young (im 37 by the way) for it to be anything really wrong, so when i do my test for hpa (faeces test sorry) will they be able to pick anything else up? as too why im bleeding when i go toilet, sorry i know this is embarressing, im just worried thats all.. many thanks in advance..