PDA

View Full Version : huge thanks for all the support

lucy devine
23-09-11, 05:34
Hiya,
I wanted to write this as I don't feel I thank you all enough for how much you help, support and comfort me on a daily basis.
It is so reassuring and comforting to know just how much everyone is rooting for me in my move to university at nottingham. I can't thank you all enough for putting my mind at ease at this stressful time. The post you all wrote the other day was absolutely lovely and helps me to see how far I have come. I am slowly learning to be happy again and to realise that being down, seeing the worst in life and generally having no positive outlook towards the future really wasn't helping me in the slightest.
I am doing the things I always wanted to do now, regardless of my anxiety. I go shopping, go on trips, go for meals and generally have much of a more confidence about me and a new found determination to get off my ass and achieve things in life. Of course I still panic over my breathing on a regular basis (what's new :P), but I've realised that I can't let it take control of me again like it did in previous months.
Without you guys, I really wouldn't be in this position now at all. You've helped me to realise my potential, my dreams and to finally realise that no, i'm not perfect but i'm not that bad of a person.
If I could, I would give each and every one of you a huge lucy hug right now, you all mean the world to me...I love you all so so much and cannot say how much of an absolutely amazing group of people you are.
Love you all loads :hugs:
Lucy
xxxx

paula lynne
23-09-11, 09:39
What a fantastic post Lucy, you are doing an amazing job
"Im doing the things I always wanted to do now, regardless of my anxiety" This says it ALL Lucy, youve cracked it kiddo! :)
So happy for you...go out there and have a great time making memories...
Love Paula x:hugs:

MandyGM
24-09-11, 14:55
Thinking about you this weekend, hope everything is going well. Remember, you can live with anxiety, but you don't have to suffer from it :D. I'll have a little glass of wine tonight and make a toast to you and your new, exciting, happy life. We'll be with you for all the ups and downs, and I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it.

Love you loads

Cyber Mummy Mandy xxxxx

bottleblond
24-09-11, 20:14
Lucy :hugs: You're very sweet person xxx

Elen
24-09-11, 23:24
My dearest Lucy

Thank you so much for your lovely post.

It is lovely to look back and see what a difference YOU have made in your life in the time that I have known you.

You are an inspiration to many people and you prove that it is possible to go and do things despite anxiety.

None of us are perfect, we can only do our best and you certainly do that.

You know that we will always be here for you, as you are for us.

Take care honey and embrace each every new experience but above all else have fun, and that is an order.

Loads of love

Cyber Mummy Elen

ps One last time for today, you have no idea of how proud I am of you honey, not only with your fabulous academic achievements, but also the people on here that you have helped. There are a number of people on this site that have been touched by your Lucy magic.