PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!! :)

Aimerz1985
23-09-11, 12:38
Hi

Im Amy. Im 26. I support adults with autism.

Just came across this site, which was a pleasant surprise, when I was researching the withdrawl symptoms of Citalopram.

I have an 8 year history of depression and anxiety which I have manage to control without drugs until a recent severe crash in my mood. I was signed off work for two weeks and prescribed Citalopram by my Gp. I felt great for the 1st month and continued life as normal. The last two months have been horrific. My anxiety levels are unbearable, Im having panic attacks daily and then the suicidal thoughts started creeping in (which has really scared me). I finally broke-down yesterday at work - was sent home and told to get better. I have been gradually reducing my Citalopram and finally stopped them 2-days ago. I couldnt cope with life anymore admitted my-self into parental re-hab (living at my parents house,haha). I have been signed off work and prescribed Diazapam to combat the side effects of withdrawl. I believe that the Citalopram had a very bad effect on me. Im glad I have found this site and look forward to sharing experiences and helping people in similar circumstances.

Amy :)

nomorepanic
23-09-11, 12:42
Hi Aimerz1985

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Babikins
23-09-11, 12:48
Hi Amy, nice to meet you!

There are many interesting articles on here all about citalopram. I was on it for a while 3 years ago and I was a bit of a monster, it just didn't agree with me! But coming off it was worse, it's all a distant memory now but I know it was hard going for a few weeks. I hope your withdrawal doesn't last too long!

Aimerz1985
23-09-11, 21:40
Hello Nicola. Thank you for you welcome. I am new to using support forums but I have a positive outlook for this one :)

Also nice to meet you Babikins. I hadnt realised how badly this drug would effect me. I'll definately be making the most of the information and help you sugessted on here.

Amy :yesyes: