PDA

View Full Version : I did it

taf
18-05-06, 03:58
Had a really good thing happen last weekend. Went out to a large shop, a home improvement warehouse, actually...very big, loud. I felt a massive panic coming upon me. I really forced myself to divert. I had to force myself to follow a mental checklist...i.e., my chest hurts- there's a logical reason...you are breathing really shallowly and irregularly. I feel shakey: that is the hyperventilation and the effects of the panic attack. I feel like running or fleeing from this store: that is the normal effect of fight or flight adrenaline flooding into my system from my brain telling it I am in panic. Each thing, I forced (and I really really wanted to run out that store) myself hard to logically answer in a quick mental rundown of cause/effect, cause/effect...and I STAYED IN THE STORE!!!! I felt shakey and exhausted but victorious...like I had fought some sort of sword battle.
I love you all, and thanks for always being here for me! I know I might have another, but I feel stronger each time with this. I was eating today out in the student cafeteria selling dance tickets with a super long line of junior high kiddies when I suddenly realized, "HEY I AM NOT HAVING trouble swallowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Now, for some reason, I still have trouble swallowing at the initial restaurant that I had the whole swallowing thing start[Sigh...] but that too shall pass. I will be victorious, thanks to the help and comradry here, and the excellent information on this site.
Thanks, friends,
Love,
Taf

Wenjoy
18-05-06, 07:16
Well Done Taff - I get panic attacks and hyperventilate and thats the thing I find hardest is the breathing and feeling woozy thing - well done - r - e - s - p - e - c - t !!!
Love Wenjoy x

giddy
18-05-06, 07:20
Brilliant news Taf - well done you:D
Love Helen

wendy
18-05-06, 08:12
Well Done Taf :D:D:D:D:D

marie ross
18-05-06, 08:54
Hi Taf

Well done you, i don't think i could of done it (Not without my partner glued to my side!!!) Thats my worst side effect, the feeling you just want to run away, and it always gets the better of me, but i'm getting there. Keep up the good work.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Jenny
18-05-06, 09:28
WELL DONE. Give yourself lots of praise.

trac67
18-05-06, 09:29
Hi Taf,

That is brilliant, what a HUGE success, and it just goes to show that it can be overcome.
Well done you, and from how on its 'onwards and upwards'.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

scoobygirl2005
18-05-06, 12:48
Wow! Good on ya. Well done. Bet you are very pleased hunni. Keep up the good work eh!

Scooby2005
x x

joolsukuk
18-05-06, 13:24
well done..keep it up

jools xx

Paddington
18-05-06, 14:44
WOW TAFF!You go girl,that is sooo fab,you must be on cloud nine hun.Really happy 4 you and proud of you to.you will be an inspiration to others!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

honeybee3939
18-05-06, 15:28
Well Done Taf !!:D

Thats great news, your doing really well, i bet your so proud of yourself!

Love Andrea
xxx

taf
19-05-06, 14:33
You are all so awesome!!! Thanks!!! I saved these wonderful messages of praise, and, ok, I admit it, printed the list. I will use it as a happy reminder that positives overcome negatives, and know I have a lifeboat in a storm if I have a panic. It will be my "ok, you, refocus and rethink this out...there is a way thru this anxiety thing" list which will help me know that while anxiety can seem discouraging at times, [:O], there is ALWAYS a growth from it, and as one of the many brilliant people on this site said in that exceptional quote, failure or little "bumps" in a road, - little wrinkles in the fabric of life, actually - just mean that we are growing and learning.
Thanks again! Really really appreciate your positive pats on the back! And, like I have always said, no one understands a panic or anxiety situation like one who has gone through it....Thanks. Your praise means more than I can say! Love ya, Taf : PS: The junior high dance was a gas....I danced a boogie, kicked up my heels, and laughed and smiled with the kiddies. :D

Karen
19-05-06, 14:42
Brilliant Taf. Well done.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
20-05-06, 14:25
Taf

What fab news to hear. You are doing fab so keep it up and each time it will get easier for you.

Well done!

Nicola