PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for anxiety induced arm pain to appear in different parts of the arm?

VioletWings
24-09-11, 16:21
Sometimes it's the upper, sometimes the forearm, something even the shoulder area. Is this characteristic of anxiety induced arm pains? This is my left arm and it's been happening on and off over the last few days. (apologies for all my postings on this subject!)

Mr.Jitters
24-09-11, 16:47
I constantly have pain in my left arm & tingling in my fingers. Sometimes it's my upper arm, sometimes my forearm, sometimes the elbow. Sometimes it feels like bone ache, others it feels electric. Most of the time it's caused by tension in my shoulder blade, sometimes my neck, exactly the same places, but affects me differently from day to day. I'm pretty sure this is usual.

VioletWings
24-09-11, 17:45
Thanks, Mr Jitters,

Do you find that it is worse or better during walking? These last few days it's like it comes on in the same way every time I start walking properly.

Mr.Jitters
24-09-11, 18:31
Mine does get worse with any exertion, simply because the tension in my back and neck increases and I tend to over breathe, when I'm sitting or rested I tend to hunch up to relieve the pains, which isn't very good in the long run. I've started simple neck & arm stretches & a few days of hot baths has improved it quite a bit. Heat rub before bed is heaven, too. Neck, shoulders, back, arms, as long as you can cope with the smell lol. Hope it gets better soon :)

lauraebowes
24-09-11, 19:41
i get it alot and always in my left arm then i assume im going to have a heart attack i went to docs he said that its from the tension in my neck try a hot water bottle it helps me

VioletWings
24-09-11, 21:42
Thank you for your answers! I'll try the hot water bottle :)