PDA

View Full Version : IBS - Explain your pain

Ambers
24-09-11, 17:08
After lots of tests etc the doctor has put me on Mebeverine tablets for IBS. I do not think this is IBS put I will give it a go.

MY pain is a sharp stabbing pain that can turn into heavy dull feeling in my right flank from ovary area up to the ribs area and sometimes I also feel it is the left side. I can limp withe the pain and it is worse when sitting / laying down.

Have you been diagnosed with IBS if so could you let me know what type of pain you get and where. I just need some comparisons.

Thank you

hyg
24-09-11, 17:27
Hi
This is bothering you so I thought Id put my two penny worth in as an IBS sufferer !
YES this sounds like IBS, this is a condition that can cause pain or problems along the whole digestive tract-from the mouth to the anus (sorry ) The problem with this pain is that it can move around so then you might think its something else. I sometimes get a spiky stab like pain next to my belly button then other times it can be a dull pain in the ovarian area-i also get indigestion pain under my right rib. The pain changes as the peristalsis action of the intestines and bowels are interrupted and this would give different pains in different areas. If you ve had all the tests then anything sinister has been ruled out so try not to stress about it as this will make your pain worse !!! Try drinking a probiotic drink everyday-this helps me x:winks:

Ambers
24-09-11, 17:41
Thank you - your explanation makes sense - just wished the doctors would make it that clear :)

hyg
24-09-11, 18:38
No probs ! The problem with doctors is that sometimes they think we all know what their talking about- most of my health problems Ive researched myself to get a better understanding. www.patient (http://www.patient) .co.uk is a brilliant website written for patients and explains IBS very well. the NHS CHOICES one is good as well-and its not full of scary anxiety provoking descriptions (lol) x