PDA

View Full Version : what time to take meds when on hols!?

LisaS
18-05-06, 07:35
Hi All,

I am off to Australia on saturday (yes i am rather nervous!!) and was wondering what to do about taking my meds.

I usually take them in the morning, so do you think i should keep my watch on english time and just take them according to the english time?

thanks,

lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

pips
18-05-06, 09:57
Yes I would do that Lisa take it on english time.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

All the very best hun,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Hannahlou84
18-05-06, 11:21
Ooh how long are you going for?

I went to Australia for six weeks, and I adjusted my tablet taking time to Australia time because I needed the "routine". I can't imagine it will make much difference (I was told to take my medication when I would remember it). Though it depends what medication it is, if it is likely to keep you awake, or disrupt your sleep, you will be wanting to take it in the morning Aus time... Because it's such a big difference it should be relatively easy to change from our morning to there's, it's just you will have to take one pill a bit sooner, or one a bit later (which ever is easier).

I hope you have a fantastic time, and my waffle makes sense!

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

LisaS
18-05-06, 20:13
hi pips and hannah,

thanks for your advice. I think as i'm on efexor i will try and stick to english time as i'm only going for 2 weeks and i need to keep them evenly spaced out..

hopefully when i come back i can think about coming off them!!

thanks again girls,
lisa xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Piglet
19-05-06, 09:54
Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to say have a fantastic time mate and I really want to hear all about it when you get back.:D:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

LisaS
19-05-06, 18:04
thanks piglet!!

I'm getting nervous now! we leave early tomorrow morning.
I can't believe i'm going to australia! I just finished my degree on monday after my last exam and I took part in the Race for Life on Wednesday - just goes to show how anything is possible!! If i can go to australia i think i'm on the home straight! I just can't believe it.
please have hope and faith in yourselves!!!

will tell you all about it when i get back!! (why couldn't i have just gone to france like normal people!!)

Love lisa
xxx