PDA

View Full Version : Line left in vision in corner of eyes

stalwartlover
24-09-11, 22:18
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this. Basically, I noticed earlier that sometimes objects (mostly bright lights) leave a "trail" like a straight line in the corner of my eye (always the far left) when i suddenly move my eyes to focus on something else. It always seems to be in the same area. Also, I have been waking up recently with blue sparks in my vision that go after a few minutes.

I know this sounds a bit strange and vague but I have had so many problems with my eyes recently (doctor said was probably due to stress) and I thought I was getting over it but now this has came along and I have started to panic again.

anyone know anything?

stalwartlover
25-09-11, 23:20
Also, I have noticed that again in the corner of my eyes there is a flashing light which looks light lightning and leaves a half moon/semi-circle trail in my vision for a moments whenever I move my eyes..

Sophieemma
28-02-18, 21:59
I have exactly this and have been trying to get answers for months! Numerous opticians, doctors etc... have looked at my eyes in detail and tell me they're fine. Still without any diagnosis I get anxious... Did you ever find out what it was? Have you still got it? I have quite severe anxiety and do find it worse when my anxiety is bad... I also read up on something called 'visual snow' which I also have and can also cause light trails... may be worth a read? I'm wondering if that's what this is...

au Lait
28-02-18, 22:13
Google “vision problems anxiety” and you will get pages of results relating how anxiety can cause all the things you both described. It’s a good idea to get your eyes checked if you haven’t already just to be safe, but it’s most likely nothing serious. I get trails, sparks, flickering, etc in my eyes a lot when I’m tired, anxious, or just in a poorly lit room.

If you’re seeing sparks constantly and experiencing serious vision impairment, then you should see a doc right away.