PDA

View Full Version : need to get this off my chest

MissSunshine
24-09-11, 22:34
Hi everyone I just want to mention something that is bothering me

I had a blood test done last year to show I had high platelets, only slightly high but had a repeat, and they went down but still over the average mark..
the doctor didnt seem worried that was in 2010

One year on and I started goggling what it meant, and now i am scared I will have get a blood clot, platelets help the blood clot and because it was high im scared that it will happen to me :(

I read someones post on here saying people have no symptoms of blood clots and this leaves me so scared as i thought you would get redness and swelling!

My bones ache all the time and i have been having pain in my chest all today, on the left near my breast/rib its like a achey sharp pain coming and going, is it anxiety?
Info about me
Female
22 years old
Dont smoke
anxiety for years

I am obsessed with DVT and my heart now thinking my chest pain is to do with them, I could scream I dont want these thought! please reasure me
x

crystal17
25-09-11, 00:25
Can you go and have another blood test and then ask to sit with your doctor to discuss the results? I'm sure the dr would answer any questions you have and talk through your worries :)

Bone/joint aches are a very common symptom of stress, in fact they are one of the most common.

Blood clots are rare in people of your age who don't smoke, and from what I know you would definitely have symptoms which would be hard to ignore and would be enough to make you go and get them checked out.

Try to relax and make that appointment x

MissSunshine
25-09-11, 01:23
I would love to get a blood test but I am so nervous getting them done, it takes months of courage as I get bad anxiety over it and sometimes faint!

Its good to know it could be stress related, I also sleep alot too,
thanks for the reassurance of the blood clot I would have thought it would be apparent too, my doc once said i would know too!
thanks hun, this pain only comes in my breast/rib/chest when im anxious x