PDA

View Full Version : music in head.

becks xxx
24-09-11, 23:11
Can someone please put my mind to rest. Has anyone experienced music playing In there head? It's not like a song stuck in my head because the song is continuously changing. It disappears when I'm distracted or talking. What is this?! It's really not helping my fear of mental illness.. I also get random phrases I've heard onm tv or from someone during the day pop up in their voice?! Omg is this psychosis .. Please tell me its just a tired mind!!!!!! Please reply

brambles
24-09-11, 23:34
I get it too. When I'm doing something mindless like mowing the lawn or painting I replay things I read or heard in my head over and over. It's very difficult to explain:shrug:

Jeff

Anxious_gal
25-09-11, 00:16
hmm, When trying to sleep last night I kept singing songs in my head it was really weird.
One time I had a song stuck in my head and it scared me because it was like I was hearing it in my head :(

I did read of people who hear songs and things in their head but they are not mentally ill.
You can have hallucinations without the mental illness, the difference being you know it's an hallucination.

The aura you get when you have a migraine is a visual hallucination.
The ringing in your ears caused by tinnitus is an auditory hallucination.

So hallucinations are very much common and in them selves are not a sign of psychotic illness.

Phill2
25-09-11, 07:05
It's a pretty common thing apparently.
I used to get it a lot and even now that I consider myself cured I still sometimes wake with a song in my head and wonder where it came from.
Just sing along if it's a good one.I certainly wouldn't call it mental illness.
Phill :shades: