PDA

View Full Version : bruising mum

Em.ma
25-09-11, 10:22
my mum has 13 bruises on eaxh leg appwar today- identical on both legs n other places to- doesnt know how. she smokes coughs up flem a lot- so scared she has cancer. she threw up once after smoking

Em.ma
25-09-11, 10:44
i have never seen such bad bruising in my life

Em.ma
25-09-11, 10:47
last thing- last night fridge was left open by accident n i just drank the milk from it

Em.ma
25-09-11, 11:58
she just told me her tummy is covered to- this is cancer.

Em.ma
25-09-11, 12:02
i want to google but i wont. does she have blood cancer- im really scared. there light brown .... she had it all over her arms to- its awful.

duke246810
25-09-11, 12:08
ok well im covered in bruises to lol, if your worried tell the doctor when you next see them and ask your mum to see the doctor x

Em.ma
25-09-11, 12:13
thanks
i suggested if more came up or they didnt go see a doc but she refuses lmao which iis typical of her
i will ask my doctor lol

xx

Em.ma
25-09-11, 12:15
thanks
i suggested if more came up or they didnt go see a doc but she refuses lmao which iis typical of her
i will ask my doctor lol

xx

kibbutz83
25-09-11, 12:30
Hi, how old's your mum? It sounds like it could be a vitamin c deficiency... smoking saps it from the body, and as we get older our bodies react to the low levels... she needs to take a supplement, plus a multi vit... and she needs to give up the evil weed!! It's not really fair on a child when their parent smokes.. I did it for the first 10 years of my son's life, and I reckon I was a selfish mother :(
I also used to get this spontaneous bruising, and was told it could've been related to my low blood platelet count (I used to get it when I smoked).. hardly ever get it these days.
You obviously worry about and for your mum, but maybe it's about time she started doing the worrying, that's not really your responsibility. You're young, you should be enjoying life :) Take care x

Em.ma
25-09-11, 12:35
thank you for being rational... vit c thats probs it she doesnt eat much fruit or veg lol. im sure ifbit gets worse she'll see a doc xxx

shes 46. normal weigh just left over fat from havking kids lol x

kibbutz83
25-09-11, 12:40
Hi again, yep, it sounds like she's approaching menopause... I honestly don't think it's anything serious, she'll be fine xx

macc noodle
25-09-11, 13:07
Emma

Just wanted to add - I am 50 and have been perimenopausal for about 2 years now (the time before your periods actually stop but your hormone levels fluctuate).

I get horrible bruises at the slightest touch and sometimes I get so worked up about them but then they go.

I have worked out that is about the time when my period is due - whether it comes on time or not is another matter entirely!

Try not to worry too much about your mum and concentrate on getting yourself in a better place.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Em.ma
25-09-11, 15:46
thank u. i think my mum is premenapausle lol x