PDA

View Full Version : A success story

dawnym
18-05-06, 10:18
A woman came to my door yesterday from a charity called RETHINK,she was so nice but no way would you have believed she had suffer from depression.
She had councelling once a week for a year.
She mentioned opening that little black box in your head,emptying it out and starting over again.
Mine is a chest of drawers in my head,sometimes its as though everything has been dragged out and thrown on the floor,and everything then is mixed up[V]
I just had to let you know there is success stories out there.
Anyone else have a black box or chest of drawers[?]
lots of love Dawnym

Hannahlou84
18-05-06, 11:01
I have a tipped over filing cabinet. [^]

Wish I could be "fixed" within a year!

"I just wanna live my life sedated, cos I love driving myself away"

Alexandra
18-05-06, 11:08
Im the same as Hannah re the cabinet LOL

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Paddington
18-05-06, 11:55
hello Dawn,lovely to hear from you mate,kind of you to put this on the forum ,gives us hope hey??I think people who have suffered greatly tend to compartmentalise stuff,put it in the box and lockit away as it itoo painful to look at.To get rid of this pain we keep stored away can be a painful process,i would imagine any way !But this ladt seemes to know thw score,any more info on the people who helped her at all Dawn?With the ammount of 'deadwood' i carry round with me ,i could keep alaska warm for a decade if i set it all alight ,ha ha ha!!God bless,mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Keitharcher
18-05-06, 19:34
dawn

yes I went through a similar experience myself and now consider myself cured. If you look back on the success stories posts you will find mails from me explaining how I was, how I am now and how i got there. it may be of help to you

Keith

darkangel
18-05-06, 22:49
hi

if we think we have a chest of drawers or black box inside ourselves then because we keep reminding oursleves that, we will never shift it.

I had clinical depression, GAD, panic attacks and agoraphobia for 9 yrs and can reassure you that with appropriate help and support you can release the hell that rages inside us. No-one can ever change their past, we can only accept what has happened and move forward by challenging our thought processes. It is hard to empty the box and start over again because it will always be a part of who you are - accept it and move on.

Search the forum for CBT (cognitive bvehavioural therapy) - this may help.

We can all get through this - change the way you look at things - it does work.

Take care everyone

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving