PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get a burning smell that no-one else can smell?

MVP123
25-09-11, 14:25
Hi Guyz, I have started getting a burning smell in my nose, kind of like a cigarette smoldering in an ashtray. Mu husband cant smell it and i have also had a couple of visitors and they cant smell it either.Has anyone else experienced this cause I have heard it can be connected to a brain tumour so now am really panicking again, and i have been doing so well over the last few weeks :-(

MidnightCalm
25-09-11, 16:46
I have had this, I get it a lot, I think it can be down to the nervous system (at least I read that at the side in the Symptoms page), it can also be something wrong with the Sinus's or allergies.

Gemma T
25-09-11, 17:21
I can normally smell gas that no one else can smell x x x

Anxious_gal
25-09-11, 21:34
I get a certain smell, like hot burning, I can't describe it but I only get when I'm about to panic and my heart rate shoots up.

MVP123
25-09-11, 21:35
Thanx for the replies guyz, well i went to bed for a couploe of hurs as i was so exhausted as usual and when i woke up i couldn't smell anything, and i though great thats another symptom gone and i was great for a couple of hours but now it has come back again. And i dont think it can be related to anxiety as i wasn't feeling anxious before i atarted to get this phantom smell. Should i go doc tomorrow if it is still there?

Anxious_gal
25-09-11, 22:17
I really don't know, maybe if you are getting it a lot?
phantom smells do seem to be common although I am not sure what causes it.

countrygirl
25-09-11, 22:18
I know this sounds weird but its not something your eating is it as I kept getting a strange smell in my nose on and off during the day. I could not say what it actually smelt like but it was familiar. I was just beginning to think I was going even more doolally than normal:) when I realised the smell was a bit like my breakfast cereal ( it was organic cornflakes) so I stuck my head in the box and sure enough it ponged just like the smell in my nose. I would eat the cornflakes in the morning but it would be afternoon and evening when I kept getting the smell on and of. I stopped eating them and sure enough the smell went. Weird but true!