PDA

View Full Version : New here!!

Annie1705
25-09-11, 17:51
Hi,
Well am i glad i found this site, i finally found that there are other people who suffer with HA, and im not going crazy !!
Ive suffered with HA for a few years now it started way back when i saw a film about someone with Motor neuron diesese within hours i had diagnosed my self with it...after countless visits to G.P i was reasured it was nothing and that i was fine.
I was ok for a while but after suffering a miscarraige my anxiety begain taking over my life and i suffered my first panic attack, THE scariest thing in the world, after ringing nhs helpline as i thought i was having a heart attack the nurse was fab she talked me through it and stayed on the line untill i was ok, she advised me to see my G.P.
I went to my gp who wasnt very sympathetic told me to drink plenty of water and excercise???
I had a good run after this finally thinking it was over till i had my first child (now 4) i suffered with pre eclampsia with her and after wards every headache i was convinced was High BP constanly going for BP checking at docs, it was always fine.
I then convinced myself it must be something else then like a brain tumour, headaches/lightheadedness/pins and needles/tiredness/shaking cant be there for nothing.
I now realise all the above are signs of anxiety and this is what i have!!
However this does not stop me convincing myself every headache is a tumour, every chest pain is a heart attack etc. I used to be a googler (not as bad now) so i would know other symptoms of a brain tumour and begin convincing myself i had those symptoms too.
I have never had any treatment for my Anxiety but as my outbursts tend to last months rather than days or weeks now...should i get help???? its begining to effect my relationship, i have recently had my second child (now 3months) and i want to enjoy him not look back at his first months and remember the HA not his first smile/laugh etc!

Sorry it has been a bit long winded but its nice to finally get all this off my chest, i look forward to hearing back from anyone who can relate to this !!
Thankyou

daybyday
25-09-11, 18:10
Many here have HA, including me. So we all understand. It is a difficult type of anxiety.

Wotnews
25-09-11, 18:46
Hi Annie
Welcome to nmp..I'm sure you will find it helpful and supportive..I know I do

I recognise so much of what you say..I have spent years believing I had all kinds of serious illness,and had all the symptoms. I had an emergency operation about 12years ago and I think this is where my HA stems from.

I also feel a strange sense of relief that I have accepted finally that I am living with anxiety...I prefer " living with" to " suffering from" cos that's what we have to do..live with it and work on it until it gets easier.
Weirdly all of a sudden I feel physically better than I have in years and am able to be a bit more rational about my various physical symptoms..but I am struggling with the anxiety and all its various physical manifestations..it's a real catch 22

I've had a really rubbish day today so this reply probably isn't very good,but you'll find loads of people on here who share your experience

Xx

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Hi again
Ii did say I'd had a rubbish day!! Forgot to say yes,get some help with your anxiety now that you've recognised it. Talk to your doc ( or the nurse who sounded fab!) there are good therapies out there whichvcan really help

Good luck
Xx

Annie1705
25-09-11, 19:06
Thankyou for your quick replies...it really is a horrible thing to live with and i to have had a bad day today hence looking for help on this site.
I am going to visit my GP next week and hope i can get some help to deal with it as i think my poor husband is fed up of hearing all my aches,pains,symptoms!!!

daisydoo
25-09-11, 19:54
Hi. My story sounds exactly the same. With my first child i went through pregnancy not a care. Had hypertension at the end but thought nothing about it and never gave my bp another thought until four years later when i was pregnant again and had pre eclampsia. I became obssesed with my blood pressure and was scared stiff of the side effects of meds. I have now had brain tumours annerysums, heart attack, bladder ovarian womb cancer. The lust goes on. I am having investigations and fear the worst. My baby is eighteen months and i feel i havost out alot. I also had a traumatic birth and emergency surgery following and have never got over this. So i know how you feel xx