PDA

View Full Version : Hello. New and need support!

Glitterbugs
26-09-11, 11:33
Hello,

I have come here to look for support from people who understand.

Dreadful and abusive marriage - escaped couple of years ago but divorce on going, bitter and still he tried to bully and control me.

In a new relationship and we now live together. Lately I have kind of had everything 'catch up' with me and feel insecure, anxious, odd panic attack and days of feeling very low and negative. Convinced at times my new partner is going to clear off as all this is too much and have very low self esteem.

I can see what's broken but it's hard to fix!

I have booked counselling starting this week, started Citalopram this week (ouch at some of the side effects!) and taking Diazopam on and off for no sleep /panic attacks last week or so.

Pretty negative and low at the moment and this makes me feel I will push my other half away. He is trying to reassure and be supportive but not sur he totally gets it. x

diane07
26-09-11, 11:35
Hi Glitterbugs

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

eternally optimistic
26-09-11, 11:49
Hi there

You sound like you are doing all the right things to change how you feel.

Hope the counselling is a help and the citalopram too. I take that and it helps me.

This site is great and should offer you loads of support too.

Hang in there and I wish you best wishes for your future.

Dangermouse99
26-09-11, 19:03
Hi there Glitterbug,

I have suffered depression on and off nearly all my life.
I know that in situations where there is a 'build-up' of negative things happening it becomes almost like a production line in a factory where the worker is not working fast enough, everything gets built up and built up until finally the machine breaks down.
We sometimes need fixing hun...it's nothing to be ashamed off...and yes you are taking positive steps.
If he loves you- he will stick with you. It has taken me to get into my 30's to meet a man who can see beyond my issues and love me, he helps me, he is my best friend and yes, i have pushed him away and no, he does not always understand...but he is my best friend and the onnnnnly one who has stuck by me.
I have started taking Citrolpram too...started today. The forums on here are amazing for finding tons of people who take it too and they are willing to give some good advice!
My advice is..nip it all in the bud now!! don't leave it or give up...just keep going!
You ssay you are negative and unconfident but you sound stronger than you think...best of luck angel x

Glitterbugs
27-09-11, 09:06
Thanks all for the welcome.

Up and down, positive some days and negative others but I know I can fix this and want to as soon as possible. First counselling session tomorrow. Not going to let some vile man (ex!) ruin things for me because he has no respect for me and so angry that it has affected me so much.

Thankyou again. It is nice to know there are others out there who understand :) xxx

hartleysjam
27-09-11, 10:39
hiya glitterbugs, You've already taken positive steps by seeing your GP, loads of really nice people on here, I've just start back on cit since taking them about 8ish yrs ago.
I reckon that plus the counselling you're on to a winner of feeling better.
Sorry you had such an A**ehole in your life but you will most definitely have the last laugh :)
xx