PDA

View Full Version : so scared its cancer!

bashley
26-09-11, 12:06
Hi ive been for two trans vaginal scans in the last 7 months which showed 1 fibriod and a blood filled cyst. I had to have acervical polyps removed last week which was found during my smear test, smear test was normal and the polyps was normal. But the gyne has really freaked me out as she was going on about this blood filled cyst she wants me to have the CA125 blood test, ive looked it up and it can be a test for cancer, im so scared i keep crying i want to just run away, i cant cope with this. I already suffer with depression and health anxiety i cant cope with much more i really cant. I watched my best friend die of cancer earlier this year and i cant bear the thought of my children watching me die. i want to see them grow up but im scared i wont. Please help i need reassurance. i m scared that it will be high as i have a fibriod but how will they know if its that or cancer :weep:

countrygirl
26-09-11, 12:17
It is entirely normal with any ovarian cyst for the consultant to do a CA125 blood test and usually a mri scan as well to confirm that the cyst is harmless.

During peri menopase when I was oestragen dominent for a few years I got a couple of large cysts and I also had to have the above. The mri scan proved that my cyst was just fluid filled and it went away on its own in 6 months.

Obviously I or anyone else on this board cannot say you do not 100% have ovarian cancer and neither can your Dr at this stage but its highly unlikely and the best way to be totally sure is to do the blood test and possibly a scan of some sort.

I remember the worry so well so you have my sympathy. My cousin had ovarian cancer and her first ultrasound scan alerted the Drs to the fact she probably had cancer and within a week she had had all sorts of tests, I remember her abdomen was full of fluid on the scan and that is one of the red flag signs.

Be brave the chances are you have exactly what it sounds a blood filled cyst and you may need to have it removed