PDA

View Full Version : CBT Arranged through Bupa

wendy
18-05-06, 12:34
Hi All

Upon my return to work I discovered I should be entitled to Bupa care due to my grade as a work Benefit.

Well I have pushed and pushed for CBT therapy through them (12month waiting list in my area) and have just received the news I have been accecpted and will start a course of 6 to 10 sessions in approx 2 weeks time, I am very pleased and see this as a huge benefit as I cant stick with medication due to my fear of side effects.

My question is, What do I expect at the session, will it trigger my past events and do I need to prepare both emotionally or otherwise?

Any experiences would be greatfully received - I see this as my hope to get better and want to get all I can from it.

Thanks

Wendy x

scoobygirl2005
18-05-06, 12:39
Hi Wendy.

Well done! Thats great news. I bet you are very pleased.

Scooby2005
x x

Alexandra
18-05-06, 13:27
Hi Wendy.

Great news re the CBT Coming through for you to start.

You will have to go over maybe a few things from the past re CBT, but if there are certain things you do'nt want to talk about there will be no pressure on you to do that.

It really to help you retrain your mind not to keep thinking of the negative side of things & to think more of the positive side.

Please don't worry about it as it will all become clear as you start going to the sessions.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

wendy
18-05-06, 21:53
Thanks Scooby and Alex :D