PDA

View Full Version : just need some support please

kinnygirl1
26-09-11, 12:17
Hi all

So been doing really well with my anxiety to the point where GP and I feel I can go back to work on reduced hours. Problem is that as soon as this decision was made, I can feel my anxiety creeping up on me again - pulse taking, unable to sleep, palpitations and chest pains, and very very tearful. Crying just tyoing this!! This cannot be a coincidence can it? I just hate it! Why why can't I just get back to being normal? I have taken things so slowly. PLease tell me it's gonna be ok because I can feel myself heading to breaking point again!

zygfried
26-09-11, 13:08
Hi, All I can say is I know how you feel - I was crying when I wrote my earlier post not an hour ago and felt hopeless then too. But, it passes - the feelings subside a little. (I had a long hot shower and got dressed- now I feel almost human!). The feelings might still be there a little, underneath the surface but take every moment of brief respite against your feelings as a positive - you do and will get stronger and feel more able to cope with it. We all lapse! Think it's the nature of the beast. It's a pattern of behaviour, of reacting, if you like, that's very deeply ingrained. It does take a while for you to master it. Just take things one step at a time. You feel really anxious now you've made that decision but well done for making it! Try riding the storm of the anxiety. If it doesn't improve, and you continue to feel anxious over the next few days, it's not written in stone - you can review things with your GP and perhaps decide that you might need a little more time, or have more support in place or have mastered more self-soothing techniques before you do go back to work. It's not a race! In your own good time. Meantime, try to relax as best you know how and be gentle with yourself. It's a process. One step forward, two steps back sometimes, but you made it back from breaking point last time, you can, and will do it again if needs be. Not that i'm saying you will get back to that! You've obviously made huge improvements. No, it's just an awfully hard thing to beat so don't be too hard on yourself, please. Hope this is not too patronizing. I'm telling myself to believe it too!! Try not to stress about your decision. It's never too late to change it. Take care and best of luckx

kinnygirl1
26-09-11, 14:02
Thanks so much for this Zygfried - it does help to think that its not written in stone. I think its just that I feel enough of my life has been lost to this now and I so want to get some sort of normal back in my life! I guess you can't force yourself to be ready can you? Wednesday is the day I am due to go back. Will see how I go then.

Good luck to you too - glad you are starting to feel better than earlier!

x x x

jo h
26-09-11, 14:09
I sympathise with your situation and i can only hope u feel better soon ......its a vicious circle we are in xxxx:weep:

kinnygirl1
26-09-11, 14:15
Thank you JoH. Sometimes it just feels never ending doesn't it?:hugs: