PDA

View Full Version : having a bad day today

jo h
26-09-11, 14:12
Ok it started off ok although i have not done much physically ....had no chest pains until half hour ago then felt dull twinges in my left breast area and just underneath ..started walking around and it made them a little worse....so back to sitting down not daring to move..i really want to go back to the docs to try and convince him to send me for heart tests ...does anyone know what it is that makes the chest hurt ..i realise it may b anxiety but what is actually causing the pain as i know I'm not imagining that and it can't be right to be having pains all the time can it ?? I think about nothing else !!!!

Anxious_gal
26-09-11, 14:36
You could straight up ask your doctor for a referral to a cardiologist.
Did you have any ECG's and how were they? When mine weren't good they sent me for more tests.
The best way to get around doctors is to not self diagnose and try to appear to not be too worried.

How bad is the pain? How long have you had it? It may just be a muscular thing, what makes you think it's your heart?

jo h
26-09-11, 14:42
i think it is as i have had them for months now and am convinced thats all it can be ..i have no energy feel rough most of the time ..what else can it be is the thought in my head ....I had an ecg over 18 months ago when i took myself off to a & e with chest pains but nothing came of it ....then went to doc who put me on citalopram which i am now off but these pains just keep on coming ...they vary sometimes it a sharp shooting pain in my side (either side in rib area)...dull ache where i would think my heart is ..sharp electric shock type pains all over my chest random that ..its awful i can't get on with my life as I'm scared they are going to start at any time :( x

jo h
28-09-11, 14:49
I am having a very strange pain today woke up with a dull ache type pain just to the left of my chest ...its been there all morning and is worse when i take a deep breath ...surely an anxiety pain would not last this long .....please please reply as i am almost ready to go the hospital with it ............i dare not move too much

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

still got the pain when I breathe in ....this must mean it not my heart right ???? any response would be tremendously helpful right now ??x

tobyjug01
28-09-11, 15:04
Hi Jo. Nice bike mate ive got GSXR600 k5. Mate i have the same sort of things happen to me,but mine is tingling in different parts of my body,but we are doing the same thing,we are waiting for them to happen and what our brain is doing is giving us what we think we need. Anxiety can make you feel all sorts of pains and aches and awfull feelings. Try and chill,if you have had tests a while ago and they were all good,I think taht you ahve had the answer that you already need. Mate get on your bike and have a good rip and take your mind off whats going,cos i bet when your not thinking about it its gone. Pm me anytime dude.

jo h
28-09-11, 15:19
Thanks hun its not my bike but i am a biker lass .....u have a nice bike i like them ..i just sold my sv so got nowt to go for a blast on now :( yeah i keep reading this but today i have had the same pain all day ....never had that before ...anyway will try and chill ..i was convinced i was goin to not make the end of the day earlier and I'm still here so thats good :) .....ride safe and yeah stay in touch your post made me smile and thats a good thing...thank you x