PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

hjm70
18-05-06, 12:35
hi
im a 36 year old mum of 3 and have just been diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder. i have had the symptoms for almost 2 years but have put off going to the doctors until 2 weeks ago as i really did believe i was going insane.
my doctor has put me on citalopram which seems to have made my anxiety worse at the moment, although im told that should stop soon so im trying to hang in there.
im glad ive found this place as im hoping to find some help talking to people who are going through the same things as me.

scoobygirl2005
18-05-06, 12:40
Hi.

Welcome to the site. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

Alexandra
18-05-06, 12:49
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of really good advice, support & help.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

EebyJeeby
18-05-06, 13:07
Hi hjm70,

A big, warm welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you have been suffering for so long, but now you have been diagnosed and know you're not going mad, things will begin to improve.

There is a lot of information on the NMP website, so make sure you have a look. You are not alone with this and there are lots of people on here who will help you whenever you need it.

Eeb x

shiv
18-05-06, 13:29
Hi just been chatting with you in chat!

You seem very nice and you're very welcome here!

Shiv x

joolsukuk
18-05-06, 13:58
hello welcome
the side effects will wear off soon xx take care xxxx

jools xx

hayles
18-05-06, 14:01
Hello and welcome.

you will find lots of lovely people to talk too here.

Hugs

Hay x

May Day
18-05-06, 14:40
Hi and welcome

you'll find lots of support from people here

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

Two heads
18-05-06, 15:38
Hi there and wellcome!You will have loads of help here when you need it and if you just need cheering up theres always live chat!You will be fine now you are around people that understand you.xxx

marie ross
18-05-06, 16:00
Hi

Welcome, you will find a lot of good advice and good friends here. I to have a panic disorder and thought i was going insane until after many trips to the doctor they diagnosed me.
Not on any meds though, but hope that you get through it all.

Take care.

Marie XXX

giddy
18-05-06, 16:04
Welcome to the site
Love helen

wobily_lin
18-05-06, 17:14
Hi Hayley,

Welcome to the site. I been chatting to u in the chat room. You will find great support on here. Hope to chat again hun.

take care.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daisybun
18-05-06, 17:35
Hi, glad that you have joined us. There's lots of support here. I was on citalopram and it does take a while to settle but it won't be long and you'll start to feel a whole lot better. Just go with it for the moment and reead some of the posts and advice here I'm sure it'll help you know you're not alone

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

**whenwillthisend**
18-05-06, 18:30
Hi just to say im new to this site and i too was told i had panic disorder and anxiety a few months ago.Im a mum also and find it so hard to cope with the kids and myself at times.Im sure we will get lots of support here.Well done for taking the meds...i was prescribed them but dare not take them for fear of side effects....good luck!

nomorepanic
18-05-06, 18:48
Hi there

A big warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help. Feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

jackie
19-05-06, 15:49
hiya and welcome

hope we can all help you a little

jackie

chucklehound
19-05-06, 16:57
Hi HMJ and welcome to NMP!:D

trac67
20-05-06, 13:37
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'