PDA

View Full Version : Hello new and already know alot about panic attacks

max111
27-09-11, 04:30
Hello im Max im 21 and have been having GAD and panic for about 7 months.

I have read alot and spoken to alot a people about Panic and have some great methods of stopping them all together. Or at least thats the people i have spoken to say.

They are, The Linden method

and Panic away method

These 2 share 1 thing in common and its known as the the one move technique.

It basically means letting the panic wash over you encouraging it to do its worse and not using any distraction techniques you may be used to or have a habit of doing when having an attack.

Has anyone tried it? Has anyone heard of it?

diane07
27-09-11, 04:32
Hi max111

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

louisehoppy
27-09-11, 11:24
Hi

Welcome to NMP

Louise x

Darcey
27-09-11, 12:40
Hi Max,
Welcome to nmp. Im currently going through an anxiety course which deals with panic and depression, and have been talking to them about the distractions i use and they say they are ok to start with but have been told to practice the exposure therapy. Not heard of Linden therapy... may look that up on the web. I suffer very bad from panic attacks and will try anything to get rid of them.
Darcey x

JohnBliss
27-09-11, 18:40
Hi max 111
For me there is no better way of dealing with a panic attack than the way you describe-tell it to do its worst and in my experience it will evaporate and come to nothing. It does take practice. similarly for me the best way to manage anxiety is to accept it and try to adopt a "so what,who cares ?." approach. Hope you find something that works for you
Regards
John