PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety veteran

Tatt
27-09-11, 11:44
Hi there. I'm a long time lurker on the forum, but today have decided to take the plunge and join up :)

As the title suggests, I have trodden the anxiety and depression path for many years, on and off...probably about 25 years or so, if I'm honest. I'm 39, work in the medical profession and am currently supporting my husband through PTSD. I'm hoping that my joining the forum will be a two way street, where I can be of help to others as a result of my experiences and vice versa :hugs:

Oh, and the user name just about sums me up perfectly: Tired All The Time!
:sleep:

diane07
27-09-11, 11:45
Hi Tatt

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Bruno58
27-09-11, 23:12
Tired all the time sounds like me..I've had the same for about 15-20 years now, herniated disc in 1989, not diagnosed for 2 years so it degenerated, I could write a book...or maybe 3...

Suffered the depression and anxiety + a few panic attacks ...not like me to panic...but it happened.

Now taking care of my very poorly wife who is a cancer patient, she is very demanding and its difficult to do everything with no help but she doesn't seem to understand i'm not good myself and struggling to cope with it all...

I find if I keep my mind occupied i'm not too bad with the depp/anxt..etc...but its getting extremely tiring, i'm worn out to be honest but have to keep going for my family, have you seen my post's about the DWP etc in the 'Misc' section...will I crack soon? maybe...:huh:

Bed time now I think:wacko:

J.

daybyday
27-09-11, 23:24
:welcome:

paula lynne
27-09-11, 23:32
Welcome Tatt, great to have you with us! :welcome:
Paula x

Tatt
28-09-11, 09:59
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Bruno58...your situation sounds completely and utterly exhausting! The herniated disc and the subsequent effects are usually enough by themselves to contend with, but, being a carer as well...hats off to you for still having the get up and go (I've read the Misc section!).

zygfried
28-09-11, 12:08
Hi, and welcome. Know what you mean about that well-trodden path! I'm probably about the same. It is indeed an awfully long road... Good luck to you. I can only admire you for both working and for caring after your partner at the same time. As any visitor to my house could tell you, I struggle to maintain myself and my environment, let alone anyone or anything else! Hope you find the time to look after yourself too and find support and tips here that help. Take carex

Bruno58
29-09-11, 17:31
Hi Tatt..! I came to this forum by a net search for something else, yes I think you are right...a two way street for some of us:wacko:

After the disc went bang I had a few investigations...Meylogram/CT scan/2x epidural in base of spine/MRI and then percutaneous discectomy...didn't help and the disc has degen'd and is now causing claudication...you might have read that already, further probs now with blood circulation in my legs...don't know how I manage to keep it up!

Driven by pain and fury now at what happened and what I found out later...

Onward :shades:

J.