PDA

View Full Version : have been really stupid

strawberry1756
27-09-11, 13:02
I feel so ashamed right now ive been a complete idiot! I havent been out drinking for a while due to panic and anxiety the following day I couldnt handle hangovers anymore. Anyway I decided to go out the weekend with friends and drank an awful lot which im not used to and I was totally out of control. The worse is yet to come............ I used to do cocaine when I went out socially but havent done it for 3 years since having a breakdown as I didnt want anything to make me feel worse, and I was terrified of ever touching the stuff again in case it would affect my mental state again. I know this is going to sound over the top but I had a dab of it on my tongue and I thought I sniffed some up my nose from someones finger which I have sinced asked them about it and they said there was hardly anything on there and they had pretended there was more on there finger as they know what my mental state is like. I then went back to someones house and sniffed alot of Poppers!! I am so angry with myself I feel disgusted! cant belive I would do that after how bad my mental health is! Sorry this is a long post but Im so worried Ive been looking things up on the internet and I read somewhere it said that of you do Cocaine then it might make your antidepressants stop working for good and no others will work for you either! also that you could get Seretonin syndrome which sometimes takes a few weeks to happen after youve done it. Im really panicking I dont know what to do, I was thinking of asking my GP? can anyone help please? :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15: :scared15::weep::weep::weep::weep:

cwoz82
27-09-11, 13:41
Your current state is most liely caused by (A) The actual affects of cocaine use and (B) panicking about said cocaine use.

We have all done it (the excess, not the cocaine), gone out and thrown caution to the wind. I often get so sick of being "ill" i just want to blow it all away for a night, but admittedly i suffer exactly the same after excess alcohol. You would likely have to do quite a lot of cocaine to get seratonin syndrome and you'd probably be very ill by now if you had it.

Your feelings right now are probably because you've scrambled your brain for a night and need to get your body back into equilibrium. As I understand cocaine leaves the body or the effects wear off quite quickly, therefore i'd suggests the way you are feeling is purely your body's way of straightening itself out but whilst you are panicking about what you did and beating yourself up for it you are making your anxiety worse.

Take some time, get some rest, eat well, drink plenty, take some vitamins and do your utmost to relax and give your body and your mnind time to heal itself. See your GP if you feel you need to get absolute confirmation that you are ok, but i believe from my own experience with alcohol excess that you need to give yourself time and once we get to a certain age (i'm 29) the body just doesn't snap out of a hangover / come down the way it used to and mine has gotten worse since i've become more clean living to cope with my anxiety on a day to day basis.

Take Care of yourself :hugs:
Xxx

evil monkey
27-09-11, 14:17
The above ^^^ You'll be fine after the comedown. :)