PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety after CoCodamol

cwoz82
27-09-11, 13:49
HI,

Was just wondering if anyone else finds that their anxiety is much worse when the soothing effects of cocodamol wear off?

My Dr prescribed cocodamol 30/500 for tension headaches, despite my telling them i don't like cocodamol as i know a few people who've been addicted to it so i bought myself 8/500 instead as paracetamol was not working.

Suffice to say i went to the dr again a couple of days ago and said i need something different after 2 doses of cocodamol did not work. I was diagnosed with migraines and given migraleave instead coupled with diclofenac - which it turns out migraleave is just cocodamol anyway!

I feel the drowsy effects of cocodamol very powerfully and i fear that i'd become addicted to the lovely feeling of being anxietyless but when the cocodamol wears off i've found myself more anxious than before. My dr believes this is a sign of addiction - seriously, I took 1 30/500 and couldn't cope so i didn't touch it again and the migraleave i took once and do not wish to take it again. I know i am not addicted to cocodamol because i'd actually have to take the damned things to begin with and want to take them again - i do not EVER want to take them again.

After having a fortnight and a couple of doses of the stuff I feeling very anxious when there is no reason to be. I have noticed this pattern with cocodamol and wondered if anyone here can understand? Everything else i look at just says how lovely it is to be anxietyless and I need to know i'm not alone.

Many Thanks for your time guys

Anxious_gal
27-09-11, 14:54
Ah that's got codeine in it right which your body then turns into morphine.
When I take sedatives which I rarely do, I find if I don't get to sleep before they wear off I'm stuck with intense anxiety and racing thoughts :(