PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal zoloft worsens panic before doing good

Eclyptic
27-09-11, 14:58
Having terrible symptoms of anxiety, and panic attacks since starting taking zoloft, i have taken it before and it did wonders for me but this time it seems the adaptation period is beeing more difficult.
I++m having a panic attack almost the entire day. Help please

Bethie
27-09-11, 15:24
It may be that your panic has nothing to do with the Zoloft. That could be a coincidence. I take Zoloft for depression and I have never had a moment's trouble with it. I recently began having panic attacks and agoraphobia again. I made an appointment with my psychiatrist immediately due to the panic attacks. He gave me a small increase in my dose of Xanax from .25 mg of Xanax, 4/day to 6/day. In addition to that, he had given me a prescription for a drug called Nuvigil which is a nonamphetamine stimulant. I took a half of a Nuvigil and that was the end of my panic. I was returned to normal after the half-dose of the mild stimulant. IT WORKS FOR ME. I abhor panic attacks because when I get them I also become agoraphobic. At any rate, see if your doctor would give you a very small amount of Nuvigil. By the way, I no longer take the Nuvigil because my panic is gone.

Amarena
27-09-11, 21:44
Two of the common (between 1-10 out of 100) side effects of Zoloft (and Cipralex/Escitalopram etc.) is anxiety and general nervousness. Depression, nightmares, tense muscles and numbness are also common side effects.

I hope you start feeling better soon. :)