PDA

View Full Version : Sciatic Nerve-Please Help!!!

Mark801
27-09-11, 15:18
Hey guys, hope all is well.

So yesterday I started getting this weird pain in both my legs from my knee down. It felt heavy/numb/sore. I was convinced I had DVT.

Now today I woke up and I have mid back pain. I read up on a pinched nerve in leg.

I have almost the identical symptoms of it but what I'm terrified about is what could've caused it. Also there's things there on google about surgery and I'm already imagining myself in the surgery room and I didn't even get a proper diagnosis yet.

I hardly slept last night because of the pains in leg and now the back pain has forced me to stay home from school today. Luckily there's no school for the rest of the holiday.

Has anyone ever heard of this or have it. When I'm standing I feel as if my leg will giveaway. How could all of this just start and now it won't go away.:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

M155anthr0p3
27-09-11, 17:17
I get Sciatica but only in one leg.
It's at the bottom of my back & it travels down my leg. I get it in the back of my thigh & my calf & in my foot.

Do not google - google is the devils mistress!!
Go visit your doctor.

countrygirl
27-09-11, 17:21
Most pain in your legs caused by your back will get better itself in someone so young. I have prolapsed discs in my back and I can get bad sciatica down both legs but it always gets better itself until I next do something silly like bending down badly or sitting on a bad chair and it lasts anything from a day to a couple of weeks.

Any Dr would say wait 6 weeks and if its not better then they will start investigations like x ray and mri scan but you have to give it time to get better itself.

The chances of it being anything sinister causing your pain is extremely remote at your age.

Mark801
27-09-11, 17:30
Thanks countrygirl, but is the pain for you exactly how I describe in both legs?

I have an office job and I tend to fold myself when I sit on the chair and I pult mu legs under my butt sometimes so my posture is not great at all. Also, I have a bad mattress which also causes mid-lower back pain for me when I get up/

Do you think that that's why my legs are bothering me so much?

This whole thing just terrifies me because I woke up with this only 2 days now. IT's been waxing/waning as I've been trying to stretch which also relives it.

Also, when I jog in place, my muscles in my calves crack and so does my feet and toes. Also I have a slight burning scratching pain in certain parts of my legs.

I didn't fall or injure my back so I really hope I didn't slip something. I'm terrified of back surgery because my moms best friend had back surgery and now she's paralyzed from the waist down. :weep::weep::weep::weep:I'm so scared I just wanna cry.