PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

miss_t
27-09-11, 18:38
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and found this site through Google search.

I am a 32 year old mum of one, living just outside London and working part time.

I suffer from general anxiety, panic attacks and emetophobia. I am currently taking 10mg citalopram daily, cut down from 20mg about a year ago.

I have been referred to CBT in the past but didn't find it particularly helpful to be honest.

I have suffered from emetophobia for as long as I can remember. Panic attacks started about 13 years ago, and general anxiety since I was about 10 years old.

My symptoms have varied in intensity over the years.

I have spent most of my life with these issues yet am still surprised by the intensity of my fears at times. These fears are ever evolving.

I've joined here to hopefully speak to others who feel or have felt the same as me. I sometimes feel very hopeless and very alone.

Look forward to getting to know some of you.

x

nomorepanic
27-09-11, 18:40
Hi miss_t

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

london
27-09-11, 20:36
a londoner welcome your love it here
god bless

eternally optimistic
27-09-11, 20:53
Hi there

Welcome to the site, glad you found us.

Best wishes for the future and hope you get some good support from here.

Glitterbugs
27-09-11, 21:23
Hello !

I am new too. I seem to be suffering from anxiety too but can see definite triggers for this and hope to sort them eventually. Start counselling tomorrow!

I am also on 10mg Citalopram but only on about day 5. Started on 20mg but the side effects were awful for me. I am hoping that it will help with my anxiety and my current very flat mood.

Anyway..hello and hope we both get the support we need here. It's nice to know you are not alone and despite support from my partner I am not sure he 100% gets how I feel and I have had some pretty lonely moments. x

Vanilla Sky
27-09-11, 21:33
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x