PDA

View Full Version : daughter got abnormal cells

cathycrumble
27-09-11, 19:42
Just hit home me worrying about blood pressure which i have under control. and my poor daughter has just received a letter to say she has abnormal cells in her cirvix and HPV VIRUS Now she has to go and get checked I am soo upset to think this is a real illness and I have been moaning about stupid bp. And she is coping so well. It has really given me a wake up call.

Cathy xx

Liliana83
27-09-11, 21:26
I'm going through a similar situation regarding your daughter..did she receive notice of high risk or low risk HPV? It's actually pretty common how many women at some point of their life come across this virus. As long as she goes in for her regular check ups she will be fine...in most cases the HPV goes away and stays dormant for years before it flares up again. Any more questions..pm me. :)

paula lynne
27-09-11, 23:38
Hi Cathy, Im sure your daughter will be just fine. x
You are so right. Witnessing the things others go through, especially family, gives us a reality check sometimes.
Paula x

cathycrumble
28-09-11, 00:03
Thanks liliana and paula for your replys. and your thoughtfulness. My daughter has got to have a colposcopy to see what has got to be done. I am not sure if the hpv virus is high or low risk. I am sure she will be ok. Just keep positive. And thanks again.

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

I'm going through a similar situation regarding your daughter..did she receive notice of high risk or low risk HPV? It's actually pretty common how many women at some point of their life come across this virus. As long as she goes in for her regular check ups she will be fine...in most cases the HPV goes away and stays dormant for years before it flares up again. Any more questions..pm me. :)
Your reply has reasured me very much and I will pass this info on to my daughter thanks Liliana

Cathy xx

Liliana83
28-09-11, 02:55
^You're welcome! When the doctor performs the colposcopy, they will see if there is any abnormal cells...do a biopsy..and determine if it's CIN1, CIN2 or CIN3..none of those are cervical cancer..just changes in cells. I was diagnosed with CIN1 (mild changes). I recently went in for my 6 month check up..they found another similiar problem, did another biopsy and found out yesterday it was still CIN1. It will take my body at least 2 years to clear itself entirely (hopefully) of the virus.

I posted a thread in this sub-forum about it if you need more guidance..or have questions.

cathycrumble
03-10-11, 15:09
Thanks Lilian will pm you if i need some advice she doesn't go until the 2nd Nov

Cathy xx