PDA

View Full Version : hello all im new

kat123
27-09-11, 21:06
hello everybody hope you are all ok!
thought i would join this site so can meet other people like me, who are suffering with panic-attacks/anxiety and depression.
I sufferer with this terribly for the past 15 years im 28 years old now.
So fed up with having these sensations every single day.
I.ve tryed every technique under the sun e.g. CBT, relaxation, meditation, reiki, linden method my god can go on lol...
Currently on 3 different types of antidepressents was wondering if anybody would like to give me a few pointers in what else i can try its really am ruining my life.
fed up of living in fear even though i know it cannot kill me but its still scary.
looking forward in talking to you all

kat x:winks:

diane07
27-09-11, 21:08
Hi kat123

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

nicola1980
27-09-11, 21:12
Hi and welcome, i also suffer anxiety and panic attacks and they r awful, what meds r u taking, im just on wk 2 of citalopram again after having a relapse :weep:
Nicola xx

kat123
27-09-11, 21:21
hey thanks for responding im currently on 48mg citalopram too 2ml mirtazapine at night time because i wakeup in the middle of the night having a panic attack never knew that could happen till i experienced it everynight.
and on 1mg lorazapram which i take evry three days.

how are you feeling with the citalopram nicola its not doing anything for me at all, do you experience panic attacks every day too

nicola1980
27-09-11, 21:27
im currently only on 20mg of citalopram but am due to go up to 30mg next week as i was stable on that last time, i found cit fab for me last time just praying it works aswell this time!! im also on sleeping tabs at the min as im waking in the night v anxious, also got 2mg of diazepam to help me thro side effects of cit and until fingers crossed they kick in!! Ive had an awfull few days with panic attacks but think thats due t me having a kidney infection too :weep:, how long u been taking the cit for?
Nicola xx

Vanilla Sky
27-09-11, 21:34
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

kat123
27-09-11, 21:39
heyyy hope your kidneys get better very soon and hope your meds work for yo x i was on that meds before for about a year then it stopped working then i was on another one but they discontinued that one now ive been on this for about 6 months now just fed up of bugging my psychiastrist now the only time im at peace is when sleeping my boyfriend dont seem to understand because he cant feel what i feel just so nice in talking to others who experience this on a daily basis. x:flowers:

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x
thanks paige hope you are ok too x

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Hi kat123

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

thank you x

nicola1980
27-09-11, 21:44
hey, my husband doesn't understand either, he trys bless him but unless youve suffered from it u don't understand how awful it is! at the min i cant be on my own as i panic and my hubby works nights and my 10 yr old is away on a school trip till fri so got to get thro tonight in an empty house :weep: god u wouldn't believe im 31 yrs old!! lol, can usually manage the nights ok as know my sons upstairs asleep so technically im not alone but dreading the next 3 nights!! maybe u need to try another med hun??
Nicola xx

paula lynne
27-09-11, 23:34
Welcome to a great supportive forum, youre not alone x:welcome:
Paula x